• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai (PSP)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote
holy crap it's Pikkon :o

I don't have many reasons to get a PSP and I'm already set on getting Super Sonic Warriors 2 on the DS, but I hope this is pretty good too.

Also: holy crap it's Pikkon :o
Mk-II

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote
From the looks of screenshots, it seems that'll be running on a Budokai 3 engine with a few improvements, thankfully. I totally prefer the B3 engine over the complicated Sparking/Tenkaichi engine.
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote
I actually prefered the tenkaichi engine over Budokai's. This could possibly because after three games of use Budokai was beggining to bore me. I just felt that Tenkaichi had a more Dragonballish feel since you could move freely and fly and the like. However, that would be VERY hard to make good on the PSP with its smaller screen and questionable control structure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I'm glad Dimps is developing again. I personally liked the original engine much better than the one used for Tenkaichi, which feels like something much better suited for a platform action game than a fighter.
gunshottrigun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quote
i plan on buying this, since i have the psp and loved dbz tenkiachi. i read aobut it in shonen jump and it looks sweet. also there is a drgonball game coming out for gba advanced
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I liked the Super Sonic Warriors/Bukuu games much more over the Budokai games. Hopefully Shin Budokai will really add more to the Budokai engine. Flight is a a must, and less emphasis on the "Dragon Rush" attacks would be nice too since they were so cheap and the only way to escape them was by chance.

I noticed the backgrounds in the screenshots are alot less detailed. I'm wondering if this will have any effec on things like smashing your oppenents into mountains, moving into different parts of the play field and stuff will be removed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1