• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Since this is more site related than anime related I figured I'd put this topic here. Anyway, I was wondering when you all go through the encyclopedia and list the titles you've seen/partially seen do you count being up to date with a series as completed? The show itself may not be finished, but you've seen every episode that's been aired (shows such as Bleach and Naruto apply here). So I was wondering, count it as completed or seen some?
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote
As far as the system is concerned, I don't think it matters. For myself, I only count it as "Seen All" if I have seen every episode. If I have missed even one, then I obviously haven't seen all of it. So if a series hasn't finished being released, then it's impossible for me to have seen all of it.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I always just put those series under "Seen Some" until they're finished (and I've finished watching them). I also tend to put the episodes I've seen of a "Seen Some" series in the comments field. So, for example, if Fate/stay night is up to episode 9, I simply put "(have seen episodes 1-9)" by its name until the next episode comes out.

The only times I've cheated and put a series under "Seen All" that I haven't actually completed have been Wolf's Rain and The Twelve Kingdoms. Wolf's Rain because the only episodes I haven't seen have been recap episodes, and The Twelve Kingdoms because I've at least seen through the last completed story arc. That last little rushed six episodes don't entirely mean a whole lot, given that the series' focal characters mostly wrapped up their business around episode 39.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I always count that weekly fansub stuff as "ongoing" in my own lists and as "seen some" on ANN...I've also cheated on Wolf's Rain and listed it as "Seen All" (haven't seen the recaps), and when I get around to watching the Super Gals! DVDs, I'm going to count it as "Seen All" since there's not much of a chance that we'll ever be able to see the second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1