• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket, Original Character Sculptures

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, those Fruits Basket statues from Souther Island were supposed to be updated by now, they still look horrible. Hopefully they'll take the suggestions I gave them that they were asking people for, but I doubt it, not after seeing the final product on the FMA figures...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rajamitsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
The Kyo doesn't look that bad, IMO. The pose is just... boring. Maybe if he were looking over his shoulder or something. The cat's head seems off, though.

I like the movement on the Tohru bust, but it's too confident for her character. It's the hand on the hip. I'd put it behind her back or something. I did peek in SI's forum. The bust isn't great, but it's a major improvement over the first version. Yikes.

Also saw the FMA ones. The Gluttony with the tounge hanging out is amazing. The rest... I've seen better Eds and Als. Lust looks like a villian from Batman: The Animated Series. Cute, but not Lust.

Don't think I'll be getting any of those.
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Blah... I've seen better. Sad
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:11 am Reply with quote
I like them so far. Though I'm sure they'll be more than I want to pay for them. Guess I'll just buy the Fruits Basket cardgame that's supposed to come out..someday...
matthewlow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
The Fruits Basket Card Game came out February 1st. I actually have it sitting on my desk right now. It's a lot of fun Anime smile. If only I had people to play... Sad

I fell in love it when I had to review it for the April 06 issue of Scrye magazine... and in turn had to buy both the anime and the card game. If you're bored, pick up a copy of my article on it.

http://www.fruitsbasketcardgame.com

The cards themselves look amazing like Score's cards usually do, and if anything, you have an amazing poker deck and great bookmarks. Pick up a pack of clear sleeves while you're at it.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:27 am Reply with quote
The Kyo One looks Decent but for some reason when i look at them they scare the **** out of me like in an horror film they kill you in your Sleep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1