• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pokemon?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yusuke1022

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I didn't even know they had a manga. Anyone read it? Is it good?
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty good. It's very different from the anime.
Grieving Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
All four of the mangas were exceptionally different from the anime. The best two, IMO, are Pokemon Adventures and Pokemon.

Adventures follows the games alot more closely, and seems abit more realistic in their stories - however, the art is alot more childish and simple. Good manga.

The other series is only four books long. The art is slightly more realistic, but has a good balance between comedy and action. It follows the anime more than the games too. Also good.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:52 am Reply with quote
Grieving Chaos wrote:
The other series is only four books long. The art is slightly more realistic, but has a good balance between comedy and action. It follows the anime more than the games too. Also good.

You're talking about Pocket Monsters: Dengeki Pikachu. (Sorry, I don't know the translation, just that this is the link I'm talking about.) I picked it up. As a Pokemon anime fan, I liked it. It's more like the random 'serious' episodes of Pokemon. It tells the events differently and changes things around, but some of the anime episodes are revisited, such as the Clefairy & the Moon Stone, the Eevee Brothers, and meeting Ritchie/the Indigo League. As long as you found the anime interesting (you know, before it became repetitive) you'll probably like the manga. At 4 volumes, it's not repetitive, it just kinda breezes through the story.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:55 am Reply with quote
Man, I've been trying to look for this series! I'm glad I read this thread now because now I know the name of the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1