• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 11th-March 17th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
I was checking tomorrows Naruto episode and it said "The Chunin Exam Stage 2: The Forest of Death", but yeah, the ads for Toonami says One Piece is airing. But they also didn't advertise the new Naruto last week either.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote
Uhh...this week's FMA isn't the series finale.

Episode 51 is. Which is next week.
Tenka-Ichi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:39 am Reply with quote
They did air episode 27 of Naruto on YTV tonight. Which puts us one week ahead of the U.S. right now. And if this continues, we'll be an entire month ahead by april!
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:30 am Reply with quote
Yeah, future articles should probably assume that YTV will run a new episode. Although I'd gladly give that up to get a Miyazaki marathon. :-/

Oh yeah, Brian, is there any chance that your future articles can start on Saturdays and then end on the following Friday? I know it's not too important for the US broadcasts, but almost all of the YTV premieres are on Friday night, and the information is usually outdated by the time you get it up.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote
Naruto won't be back on CN until April 15, with episode 27. Couldn't CN have started the Miyazaki films just a little bit earlier?!
space clam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote
The article wrote:
a cliffhanger that'll tingle the spine

Oh you clever people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Dexo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote
CN had up till episode 52...they recently accuired more...So They have enough episodes to air, The dubbing process is about at episode 40 now...
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:

Oh yeah, Brian, is there any chance that your future articles can start on Saturdays and then end on the following Friday? I know it's not too important for the US broadcasts, but almost all of the YTV premieres are on Friday night, and the information is usually outdated by the time you get it up.

Did that, actually.

Note that the Bionix premieres are for the 17th.

Also, as far as Naruto goes, Toonami also had episode 27 tentatively scheduled up until the very last moment, when it was swapped out for an hour of One Piece. Also, YTV didn't (at least when I was finishing up this week's article) have a finalized schedule for the 17th, so while it was safe to assume something like FMA, which is on the early episodes as already seen dozens of times on Adult Swim, would be in premieres, nobody at the time was quite sure what would happen with Naruto.

And for the FMA "finale," well, I sorta consider the last three or so episodes the "finale" since they all lead into one another. Is that a cheat? Yes. Yes it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
-Sunday March 12 12:30am - Episode 15 "Pat" (Repeats Sun Mar 12 3:30am)
More Tachikomas! In this episode, the Tachikomas forgo a scheduled maintenance in order to poke around the “Individual Eleven” case on their own.
That's what I need. More tachikomas! Forget Kusanagi and her crowd, I need some comedians on this show.
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But they also didn't advertise the new Naruto last week either.

Oh no! Hell Froze Over! Its the Apocalypse!! Repent for your sins! Repent for Your Sins! Watch the Boondocks!!![/quote]
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Once again, remember that all dates and times listed are eastern/pacific, and everything is tentative up until the very last second. Something like, say, a cultural revolution wherein all of society collectively stands up, and says “no more!” which leads to the populace destroying their televisions in a grand statement of individualism conquering consumerism. Stuff like that happens all the time.

This has to be the most amusing part of the article. Well, aside from the rogue Quantum Leap references. 5,000 points for that. Laughing
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I seem to recall them advertising episode 27 of Naruto last week, are you sure they didn't advertise ep 27? I could swear they did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
You lost me with the whole "However, it is especially rare for anime to surpass their original source in the process.
There aren't enough superlatives in my thesaurus to describe how wickedly cool the Fullmetal Alchemist finale is."

After watching the ending and the movie, I'm quite stunned anyone would say that. Wink
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:49 am Reply with quote
Agh, you scared me. Anime hyper I already spoiled myself on most of the FMA finale (bad fangirl...), but I was stunned that FMA would end RIGHT there. Anime hyper Particularly since CN didn't even show a preview of the next episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
king_micah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:44 pm Reply with quote
The one thing you should know it is slightly anti-semantic, the end of FMA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2