• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: First Time Voice Acting Blog

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote
I think I have an inkling of what episode of KonoMini she did, but I'm not sure.

I wish I had a cool job like that, going around getting interviews and voice-over opportunities.
Lampbane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Noooo, not the PSP licker! Won't she please go away???
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Lampbane wrote:
Noooo, not the PSP licker! Won't she please go away???

ok you lost me
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Her claim to fame was having a photographer take a picture of her licking a PSP she just bought. She did it to razzle her friend, you know as a "Haha, I win. I got the PSP first!" Well, anyway, she sent him the picture, and he sent it out to the internet and countless forums... and her popularity pretty much grew from there (photo can be viewed here)

That was almost a year ago now (or maybe it has been a year), so I have to agree with 'bane, will she ever go away?
Yoda117

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:15 pm Reply with quote
So basically she has no experience, no training, didn't understand much of what she was doing, and was unfamiliar with the equipment (BTW: was that a Brauner I spied as the mic?). That's not quite the general image I want of talent the first time they get into the booth.

Way to lower the image of the anime VO community guys Smile

/sarcasm

I'm sorry guys, but I couldn't resist taking a shot at this one.
Alex K.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow, lighten up, man. All she did was a couple random background voices. It's not like you're going to hear her playing a major character in Macross or anything. Geez.

EDIT: Wow, I'm a dumbass. You were being sarcastic.

Damn, Jessica sure is hot. I'd love to play Voice Acting with her. Anime smile + sweatdrop

This is yet another reason why it's good to be a dub fan. The purists will never have a chance to do something like this. That is, unless they become fluent in Japanese and fly out to Japan to play Man #1 in some obscure hentai series or something.

I'm jealous, though. I really hope I can go to New York sometime and do some stuff for CPM, or hell, even 4Kids. I mean, their stuff is on TV, unlike CPM's stuff, which gets a DVD release that hardly anyone buys because they re-release old stuff from 10 years ago that nobody wants to see anymore.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Yoda117 wrote:
So basically she has no experience, no training, didn't understand much of what she was doing, and was unfamiliar with the equipment (BTW: was that a Brauner I spied as the mic?).
GrantM, if you're with us, there's hope for you yet. Yeah, will, she can lick me... Sorry, I'm too tried to make a better pun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Yoda117

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
GrantM, if you're with us, there's hope for you yet.

You have no idea how much I wanted to toss in something like that Twisted Evil

BTW: Alex, glad you caught that it was not a total rant there... lol. BTW: find out who does the recording for the studios in NYC (hint: NYAV Post is a biggie) and that'll take you a step closer. That said, it's not something that you just get into (obviously this was a bit of a publicity stunt / who-you-know kinda thing for the article).
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Yoda117 wrote:
Ataru wrote:

You have no idea how much I wanted to toss in something like that Twisted Evil

Not surprisingly, he has ALREADY vented his feelings about this. Laughing

It was something like, "She just did a Gainax show, now I HAVE to become a voice actor for ADV" ... same old, same old.
Alex K.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Yoda117 wrote:
So basically she has no experience, no training, didn't understand much of what she was doing, and was unfamiliar with the equipment (BTW: was that a Brauner I spied as the mic?).

Grant got banned months ago for being a total douchebag.

Patachu wrote:
It was something like, "She just did a Gainax show, not I HAVE to become a voice actor for ADV" ... same old, same old.

I can't believe that self-obsessed moron actually thought ADV would even consider hiring some out-of-the-blue amateur from Scotland (he was from Glasgow) whose only reason for becoming a voice actor is because someone else his age did it and he's jealous. I still remember that clip he posted of him bothering Illich Guardiola (Kato from Gantz) at a convention. "How do I become a voice actor? Please tell me because that one girl did it so now I HAVE to! PLEASE!!!" God, that guy was a total dip****. I found the clip on PutFile.com, but now I can't seem to find it.

Last edited by Alex K. on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yoda117

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

Not surprisingly, he has ALREADY vented his feelings about this. Laughing

You're kidding me...

this kid is unbelieveable. He got more attention and advice, from professional and amateur alike, than any three people I've ever seen.

And he managed to do nothing with it.

LOL! I didn't know he got banned... apparently he doesn't either since he just posted today. Laughing

FYI: Glasgow is in Scottland, not Switzerland.

And you have to provide a link of the clip where he made such an ass of himself at the panel.
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry but wtf are you guys talking about?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:

A user named GrantM who mostly posted stuff about his inane attempts (mostly complaining) to become a VA. It really got annoying when he didn't listen to anybody who tried to tell him it's more complicated than that.
xstylus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:26 am Reply with quote
I want to know what kind of mic that is. That's the weirdest mic I've ever seen!
LordRobin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:51 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
RezSav wrote:

A user named GrantM who mostly posted stuff about his inane attempts (mostly complaining) to become a VA. It really got annoying when he didn't listen to anybody who tried to tell him it's more complicated than that.

For more info on GrantM than you'd ever want to read, visit his thread at the F***ing Otaku forums. It's currently 473 pages and going strong. F***ing Otaku is supposedly the only board in the world that hasn't banned him, because nutbag anime fans are actually on-topic there.

------RM
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2