• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trinity Blood Trailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klampo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Is this a movie or an OVA or what?
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
It's a TV series. I think it's 12 or 13 episodes.
steev-sama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Trinity Blood is a 24 episode series and this looks like they took the first few episodes made them into a "movie." Funimation is probably trying to find new ways to sell their series and it is a good idea. Show people the first few episodes to get them interested in it.

Hmm.. Im not sure I like this. However, It would be cool to see some anime series on the big screen, especially GONZO productions, but this will give the MPAA rights to shutdown sites that might host torrents from Funimation series..

Funimation is known for hating fansubs, and the MPAA is gung ho about closing down torrent sites that hold their material.

Just a theory on my part, but it seems perfectly plausable..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
my compliments to whoever makes their traliers. they actually managed to make something this boring look like an action-packed thrill ride.
Storm Princess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
my compliments to whoever makes their traliers. they actually managed to make something this boring look like an action-packed thrill ride.

Um....don't all anime trailers do that? I mean heck, sometimes trailers miss the whole point of the anime intriely and make it seem like something it isn't.

Not to mention that it's actually going to be in theaters, so they have to draw a lot of people in....anime, be them movies, or compiled episodes like this, doesn't do that well in movie theaders due to the 'anime is cartoons and cartoons are for kids' misconception. So it would appear that Funi's doing everything they can to draw in the age group that Trinity blood is aimed at, even if it's making the anime seem like "an action-packed thrill ride".
chibigb2000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the anime was that great, but I still liked it.

This trailer shows nothing of what the anime really about, in my opinion...

Last edited by chibigb2000 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
I agree... I just saw it and did a "wtf". Total misadvertising. Most of that animation was from episode 1 anyways from what I remember.
RedComet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:09 am Reply with quote
Well the thing they will be showing in theaters will probably be the first four episodes spliced together into a movie.
Pepz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:36 am Reply with quote
What's with the Genesis in the name?
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:47 am Reply with quote
The word "Genesis" implies the beginning, and since this is apparently made from the first (few) episode(s)... it's as good a name as any.
El Oso

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Well, they could make it into an action packed thrill ride if they cut the entire series down into about 20 minutes.
AGspikes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote
Are they seriously gonna make a movie out of scenes cut from the TV series? The animation quality wasn't really near that of most animation movies and the series itself isn't always as dark as the trailer shows it to be. Even the main character is pretty much like Vash as a vampire. I still liked the series though, just do yourself a little bit of research before you start shelling out your money and I still don't think this'll be made into a movie. At least not in theaters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Someone had told me that it was just the first four episodes without the OP/ED. Now, if that is how it is going to be on the DVDs, then what the heck is up with that? I mean, I want to watch a series not a meshed together "movie".
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote
It will be shown in a few theatres... (the first four episodes) at least. Check out www.funimationfilms.com . I for one have not seen the series, but I love the character design, the look, I enjoyed what I read of the manga, and I'm a vampire fan. So, I really cannot wait to see this in the fall (dvd release). Don't worry though I do not think the series will be spliced or anything like that at all for the dvd release. This is just a trailer. Wink
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:08 pm Reply with quote
SnowStar_7* wrote:
I love the character design, the look, I enjoyed what I read of the manga, and I'm a vampire fan.

I'm the same, though I've already seen the series (loved it) as well. I found the trailer very weird, but I hope it at least gets some more people to watch and like it.

I'd much rather have a normal DVD release, skip the whole theater thing now, and wait for the FMA movie to get released later. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2