• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Symphonia Chronicles' English-Subtitled Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
*throws money at screen but it does nothing*

I cannot wait for this to come state side.

SERIOUSLY, I am buying a PS3 just for this. And I just had an ear gasam when the final boss music started playing. Very Happy <3

Last edited by InuNaruPokeAlchemist on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Will buy!
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for this. The first Symphonia is such a nostalgic piece of my childhood. The second one.....not so much Laughing
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
The 2nd one I bought but refused to play. Smile I think I was insulted by it, considering ToS had different endings depending on a specific choice you make in the game, and variants based on friendship.

Cause in my gameplay spoiler[I chose Kratos and kill Zelos every time.] That, along with the fact that, even though the "Sequel" takes play 2 years later everyone wears the same clothing, I was irked by it.

As a Tales series collector as well as a supporter of the series, I had to buy it when it was localized.

Can't wait to replay Symphonia though; I actually restarted the GameCube version before this was announced (I stopped, obviously). I still need to Platinum ToGracesF....
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I have a few concerns with this trailer:

The lack of costumes compared to the Japanese trailer, implying they may be exclusive to Japan or US/Europe will only be getting a few of them.
The lack of the OP themes, potentially implying that Namco Bandai does not plan to include them.
The overuse of non-gameplay videos compared to the Japanese trailer as if they were trying to hide something.

Granted this is a Europe trailer and not a US one but I'd be surprised if it were that much different. Hopefully there is literally no difference between the two games at the end but wouldn't surprise me if US/Europe got the short end of the stick again.

Subs are a bit sloppy but can definitely live with it and already appreciating the dual-audio treatment that Namco Bandai is giving the international release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1