• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Tyrant Falls In Love Spinoff Manga Gets New Chapter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote
Technically it was only a limited early release through Akadot for a small number for books. Its actual street date is not until the end of this month, although it is DMP. They may change that as many as 10 times from now until then.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
I wish the original would get a reprint as the OOP prices are getting a little excessive Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KudouUsagi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
The series is titled "bokutachi no shippai" not wa.
katscradle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Technically it was only a limited early release through Akadot for a small number for books. Its actual street date is not until the end of this month, although it is DMP. They may change that as many as 10 times from now until then.

Is that date from Right Stuf?
I only ask because DMP has yet to change the street date for Tyrant from its revised schedule made back in December for the end of July 2013, unlike some other titles that were limited even earlier. Not that it changes the fact so far nobody has been able to get a copy unless they get it from the publisher (or someone who bought it from them and jacked up the price). It's just so confusing. Sad So no wonder the article seems a tad inaccurate too.
fencer_x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Ugh because this is just what the world needs more of--this rapefest and its spin-offs that are just as bad.

Takanaga needs to go back to Kimi ga Koi ni~ Though I think the most recent one of those is ending soon too...
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
So is this an actual sequel to Tyrant? I heard there were going to be one-shots, but I didn't think they'd make it over here. Does anyone know what the English title is and when it will be available outside of Akadot? I usually buy from Amazon but I got frustrated with their release and delivery dates. I ended up buying the last volume from eBay.
KudouUsagi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
@rinmackie
Actually, Takanaga decided to continue KSB just at a slower pace than before. She put out 5 or 6 chapters this year in GUSH and she's planning on writing more next year that will be put into volume 9.

The series this article is talking about is called "Bokutachi no Shippai" and will follow Morinaga's brother Kunihiro and Masaki.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
So it's an offshoot of the same story, then. Is DMP going to continue publishing more of Tyrant and this story as well? If so, when will they be released over here?
KudouUsagi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Yep it's an offshoot. I would assume DMP would continue to do Tyrant but I'm not sure if they'll do this one(though if anyone it would probably be them). Since it's a different series I'm assuming they would have to license it separately. Although, I think they license each volume separately anyway. They always announce they have licensed a volume after the tankoubon has been put out in Japan... so it probably won't be for another year at least since the chapters are published Monthly in GUSH magazine first and then collected into a tankoubon and then it takes them a few months after it's released in Japan for them to release it in English.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
Ugh because this is just what the world needs more of--this rapefest and its spin-offs that are just as bad.

Takanaga needs to go back to Kimi ga Koi ni~ Though I think the most recent one of those is ending soon too...

Agreed one hundred percent. This is my least favorite of Takanaga's manga (well Study Hard was pretty awful too). Seriously wish she'd focus on Kimi ga Koi ni and stories more on that tune, in this day and age that a rape-->love BL is so popular and gets so much attention is pretty disturbing
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:47 am Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
So is this an actual sequel to Tyrant? I heard there were going to be one-shots, but I didn't think they'd make it over here. Does anyone know what the English title is and when it will be available outside of Akadot? I usually buy from Amazon but I got frustrated with their release and delivery dates. I ended up buying the last volume from eBay.

I wouldn't be too frustrated with Amazon. I think the source here is DMP and their delay tactics with the release of their yaoi titles. None of their recent titles have been readily available on third party bookseller sites like amazon, B&N, or Book Depository etc. Even checking out ebay, it looks like the only seller of their more recent titles are charging the same prices as akadot and coincidentally enough happens to offer free shipping on orders over 60 dollars, much like the akadot site...

They're basically attempting to funnel all their buyers to their akadot site so that they can force buyers into paying higher prices for their manga rather than go through channels like amazon where their items would be heavily discounted. Not to mention they can squeeze us for shipping and handling. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1