• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cobs Poll: Which Completed Manga Should Continue

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Hikaru no Go definitely!

Kare kano also but I don't think the mangaka would approve of it still...
Pado

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Slam Dunk Razz.

Sigh...
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote
For the people who wanted FMA to continue...I <3 them
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Yu Yu Hakusho, for sure. It ended right after introducing some of the most interesting characters in the series, and though the ending was solid, it simply feels like there could have been more to the story. What could have happened after Yusuke spoiler[settled in the demon world for a time]? What kind of ruler would spoiler[Enki] have been? And it would have been nice to see the whole team do... something, anything together once more, including Kuwabara.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see more FMA, maybe a relaunch featuring Alphonse as the leading man
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm still perplexed as to why Slam Dunk is still so popular in Japan. I never really got into it but it still seems to be a defining manga in Japan. And it's awesome to see that Yu Yu Hakusho is still getting some love, I mean I don't want a continuation of it because it was kind of going down hill towards to end, but I like to know that it's still remembered well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:05 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
Hikaru no Go definitely!

Oh man! For me, this is the first correct answer that should come to mind, I never wanted it to end and heck, it left open ended enough to pick it back up. Not to mention that it's AWESOME! I really hope Yumi Hotta will do at least something else at some point.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Surprised about Baby + Me. I loved the series, and wouldn't mind it continuing, either, but I didn't think it had that kind of a following in Japan. Though if we're gonna go there, might as well tack on Aishiteruze Baby as well. Cool
Lev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
nhat wrote:
Hikaru no Go definitely!

Oh man! For me, this is the first correct answer that should come to mind, I never wanted it to end and heck, it left open ended enough to pick it back up. Not to mention that it's AWESOME! I really hope Yumi Hotta will do at least something else at some point.

...Thirded! Even if it's just a one shot, I want to see Hikaru finally beat Akira!

On another note, I'm glad both the men and women want to see Kenshin continue. With all the popularity it's been getting, maybe Nobuhiro will do another future oneshot!
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Kenshin had a perfect ending, I would rather someone not mess it up like they did in the anime.

With manga I think the number of volumes it should have are about 30. That gives you a lot of material, but it doesn't overstay it's welcome and drag on.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
I'm still perplexed as to why Slam Dunk is still so popular in Japan. I never really got into it but it still seems to be a defining manga in Japan.

A lot of things in Japan are perplexing and popular, but not that popular with the rest of the world. Laughing
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Mushi-Man wrote:
I'm still perplexed as to why Slam Dunk is still so popular in Japan. I never really got into it but it still seems to be a defining manga in Japan.

A lot of things in Japan are perplexing and popular, but not that popular with the rest of the world. Laughing

Like Saint Seiya being popular in the rest of the world but not the US lol
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote
Kenshin, Fruuba, Hana-Kimi, and FMA all had good/excellent endings. I think continuing them would have killed the special spark they had. I'm quite satisfied with their endings and would be disappointed if they tried to milk it further. Some things are better left finished.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote
Psycho_Despair wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Mushi-Man wrote:

Like Saint Seiya being popular in the rest of the world but not the US lol

Haha true, or like how Cowboy Bebop is popular in the US but tanked in Japan.

My favorite thing about the popularity of Slam Dunk is that it is rumored to have pretty much created the interest of Basketball in Japan. Im not sure how true that is but it's still hilarious to me.
TwEeD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote
FMA had a perfect ending, one of the few manga's which did a good job on bringing a story to closure

Nodame Cantabile on the other hand still got me raging ... still can't believe how it "ended" (or should I say didn't end at all). Actually leave it, it got me so worked up and having lost faith in the mangaka I wouldn't even care about a continuation anymore
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2