• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A good place to sell anime/manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I need a way to pay for my text books this year so I decided to sell some useless anime/manga from my book shelve. My questions is: where is a great place to sell anime/manga? I don't have an ebay account and even if I did it wouldn't sell for much seeing as I've never sold anything before. I want to get rid of my useless anime/manga, but I do need money for school so I don't want to sell them extremely dirt cheap. (cheap but I do need the money.
shinobi_touya45

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I like using LiveJournal as a place to sell my stuff.
http://community.livejournal.com/garagesalejapan/profile
Amazon is a good place to try, but I've personally never tried it yet. [No credit card. T^T]
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Most mall chain video stores buy back anime DVDs (Suncoast, Saturday Matinee, and FYE in the US....I see you're in Canada and I don't know many chains there, but I think HMV buys used DVDs). Depending on what the DVDs sell for new, you'll probably get like $5 a piece or less, but it's a lot less hassle to take it some place like that then try to sell each one individually.

As to selling used manga, I have no idea other than eBay, Amazon, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyRyMini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Set a minimum price on ebay, and if the anime/manga is popular, you will get bites, trust me. I'd recommend that or amazon over selling it back to the store, because you generally get less than you can if you try otherwise.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Most mall chain video stores buy back anime DVDs (Suncoast, Saturday Matinee, and FYE in the US....I see you're in Canada and I don't know many chains there, but I think HMV buys used DVDs). Depending on what the DVDs sell for new, you'll probably get like $5 a piece or less, but it's a lot less hassle to take it some place like that then try to sell each one individually.

As to selling used manga, I have no idea other than eBay, Amazon, etc.

Ya, I was expecting DVDs to sell for like $5. I might even try amazon since I have an account there, or a used book store in town. HMV I don't think sells used DVDs, but the Hock Shop does. The manga/anime is pretty obsure so I don't think it would go well on ebay.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
mistress_reebi wrote:
I need a way to pay for my text books this year so I decided to sell some useless anime/manga from my book shelve. My questions is: where is a great place to sell anime/manga? I don't have an ebay account and even if I did it wouldn't sell for much seeing as I've never sold anything before. I want to get rid of my useless anime/manga, but I do need money for school so I don't want to sell them extremely dirt cheap. (cheap but I do need the money.

what do you have and do you take mo's?
if so let me see your list i might be intrested.

(this is how i got all of my hot gimmicks ^^)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ayhoser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I'd try eBay or Craiglists. I've done buying and selling through both and have been very happy with the results.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I'd recommend giving Amazon a try, I've had pretty good success with it, some titles have brought me almost double of what I bought them for new... Amazon is pretty easy to sell on and they give you $3.99 basic shipping credit to cover most or all shipping costs. I pretty much make about two dollars less than asking price after everything is said and done. When you can sell certain series for $60-$80 bucks it works out well (Just sold Gundam 008th MS strike team OVA for $70). Plus now you can list photos of the item, for free, which hardly anyone seems to do for some reason...I'm sure that helps out with sales as well.

P.S. Your list is not going to get much...everything total is worth about $15-$20 max....now if you had the library binding of Vol I of Kare Kano it might be able to fetch $60 or so in okay condition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1