• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote

Nisekoi

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shounen
Episodes: 20 (Not sure about this)

Synopsis:Raku Ichijou is an average high school student. He also happens to be the sole heir to the head of a Yakuza Family called the Shuei-gumi. Ten years ago, Raku made a promise... a secret promise with a girl he met. They promised one another that they will "get married when they reunite". Since then, Raku never let go of the pendant the girl gave him.

Then one day, a beautiful girl named Chitoge Kirisaki transfers into Raku's class. Their chemistry was more than off. There was not a moment where they were not fighting. But by a weird turn of events, Raku and Chitoge agree to become fake lovers. Although his heart is really interested in his classmate Kosaki Onodera, Raku must continue pretending to be Chitoge's boyfriend.

Even though it is your typical harem, I still enjoyed reading the manga. Lets see if Shaft can do their magic. If this does turn out to be 2 cour, I hope they don't spend much time on the fillers. The story was actually pretty good when it followed the main plot. Apparently there is going to be a new anime only character. So I am curious how big of a role she will play in the anime.

{Slightly changed the title. ~nobahn}
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
It has its fun moments. One interesting part is that the show will be adapted by Shaft. Originally, I thought Production IG or JC Staff would be involved. I'll try to keep expectations up but the story tends to go around in circles with fillers at times.

It should be fun though at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
The CG is a bit weird.
Maybe too flashy and kinda over the top.
This anime could have done without it just fine.
Halfway through it started to seriously annoy me.
Had higher expectations from this.
Those two were extremely annoying..
Don't know what to do with this one.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Well I was worried about a Shaft adaption, but I liked the first episode. It felt like Bakemonogatari with actual background characters. For the manga I was on team Chitoge, but I jumped ship now that I know that Kana Hanazawa is the seiyuu of Onodera.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I knew SHAFT had to be the animation production company behind this - their visual signature is unmistakable. Anyway, I like the look, the story and the characters so far.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Okay, Kosaki has the worst hairstyle I've ever seen. Looks like she got into a fight with a pair of scissors and lost. o__O Why did the manga author think it would be a good idea to have a character with hair like that? Sorry, but it looks dumb! No girl with sense would be caught dead with her hair looking like that.

Lol sorry, I'm rambling. Hair styles are important to me, okay?

Actual episode: I thought the manga was too fast-paced and so was this but I'm gonna stick with it. I just can't resist stories like this. lol

Quote:

...........really? o_o Maybe rom-coms aren't for you, ookami girl. They act just like any other pair in a love-hate relationship?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
This got SHAFTed all right Laughing Though they didn't go overboard with it as they sometimes will do.

Anyways, I enjoy the manga so there'd be no reason why I wouldn't enjoy this.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Okay, Kosaki has the worst hairstyle I've ever seen. Looks like she got into a fight with a pair of scissors and lost. o__O Why did the manga author think it would be a good idea to have a character with hair like that? Sorry, but it looks dumb! No girl with sense would be caught dead with her hair looking like that.

Actual episode: I thought the manga was too fast-paced and so was this but I'm gonna stick with it. I just can't resist stories like this. lol

Quote:

...........really? o_o Maybe rom-coms aren't for you, ookami girl. They act just like any other pair in a love-hate relationship?

you need to search layered Asian hairstyles.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

LOL now that you mentioned her hairstyle, I never realized she had a long strand of hair. It still looks cute. Short haired girls ftw.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I think it's going to take me a little while to get used to Chitoge's voice. Kana Hanazawa is also in this though and she plays the role of Onodera.

Shaft's style is something I'm quite familiar and attached to so I'm glad they are animating this series. So far, it's also faithful so hurray!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
A couple of notes: The first volume of the manga came out from Viz came out this week. I think that is a first for timing. Usually one or the other become available in English months apart.

I found it interesting that the closing showed two different keys flanking the locket. Who has the key may not be as clear as it seems in the first episode.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

LOL now that you mentioned her hairstyle, I never realized she had a long strand of hair. It still looks cute. Short haired girls ftw.

It's so bloody asymmetrical and ratty-looking that I just want to take some scissors and....CHOP IT OFF.

Quote:
you need to search layered Asian hairstyles.

It's still a terrible idea whether real girls are doing it or not.

Last edited by Chiibi on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
A couple of notes: The first volume of the manga came out from Viz came out this week. I think that is a first for timing. Usually one or the other become available in English months apart.

I found it interesting that the closing showed two different keys flanking the locket. Who has the key may not be as clear as it seems in the first episode.

i think they havespoiler[ four keys. each girls have one.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
ep.1

spoiler[meet raku who happen a son of yakuza group quite the cook give years ago make a promise with a girl to open the locket he got to meet again someday so give wanting having normal life til got knee 2 face by ribbon girl.

give in school life sure he also thing for onodera then meet new girl aka ribbon female chitoge yet cue he said vs she said argue on them call her monkey got punch even donkey kong barrel toss attack.

yet raku notice his locket is missing so him & chitose search for it give til chitoge make speech that girl with key might have forget raku cue berserk button press got raku mad telling her go away.

give raku still search well got his locket back by fastball by chitoge yet speech by onodera find the key girl promise raku still keep it.

all that yea his dad have raku keep the yakuza family safe he have to date daughter of a yazuka family for 3yrs & it happen to be ribbon girl chitoge cue going why this is happening to us?! ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

This was entertaining, and SHAFT is definitely involved just from sight, but it did not feel they did their thing until it was annoying. Most likely will continue. Even the yakuza aspects were bearable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 24