• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku Appears in Rage of Bahamut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I still don't get all the Miku rage, but I would be lying if I said that I don't think that is awesome art. It's that kind of stuff that makes me addicted to card games and lose a bunch of money. I just wish I could buy some framed art in styles like this.

What's the deal with phone-based card games lately? I guess it makes sense it can be used as a platform, but spending money on something where you don't get the actual good? On the other hand, you don't have to worry about keeping your cards in good condition, so I guess it's a trade.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I still don't get all the Miku rage, but I would be lying if I said that I don't think that is awesome art. It's that kind of stuff that makes me addicted to card games and lose a bunch of money. I just wish I could buy some framed art in styles like this.

She's cute (okay, tell me the video for Time Machine doesn't absolutely make you melt Anime smile ) and they're pretty darn good songs. I usually skip over J-pop anime OP themes, as they tend to sound alike after awhile, but half the Project Diva F songs have ended up on my iPod after being irretrievably stuck in my head.

As for how she fits with Rage of Bahamut, I can't say (haven't played it), but I'm a Keroro-like sucker for any limited geek-exclusive corporate-tie-in game cards of anything, dating back to my old days of trying to get the Monsters Inc. door and the Tower of Terror elevator (which you could only get at the parks) on the Virtual Magic Kingdom game. Wink
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I was really into RoB about a year ago. It was fun and all of the social interactions were fun with making an order and fighting in holy wars (My order finished top 20 in the last HW I was in). Eventually though they just kept releasing better and better cards, making all the ones you spent forever to build, outdated. I finally started to realize just how much money it would take to (hopefully) stay relevant and I stopped. I'd be lying if I said the new rules for Holy Wars weren't what sparked this decision though.

Still...this does kinda make me want to go back just to go grab some of these cards though. This game can sink its hooks in pretty deep.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1