• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, January 13-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
Another slow week. I hope that Non Non Biyori can atleast reach 10k this week.

Last edited by Rederoin on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
Happy to see Free! rank again! Love seeing it rank so nicely and sell so much. Hoping for a third week. Also hoping that season 2 will be announced sometime soon.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
Attack on Titan, volume 7 selling around 31k on BD/DVD combined surprised me because volume 6 debuted with a combined 40k. It seems unlikely, but I hope Attack on Titan ends with an average of 50k per volume.

I also do not want the producers of the anime to get funny ideas and doubt the profitability of Attack on Titan. I hope we get an announcement for season 2 by the time Spring season starts. I want to see new Attack on Titan anime this year; there should be enough source material for at least one cour.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Attack on Titan, volume 7 selling around 31k on BD/DVD combined surprised me because volume 6 debuted with a combined 40k. It seems unlikely, but I hope Attack on Titan ends with an average of 50k per volume.

I also do not want the producers of the anime to get funny ideas and doubt the profitability of Attack on Titan. I hope we get an announcement for season 2 by the time Spring season starts. I want to see new Attack on Titan anime this year; there should be enough source material for at least one cour.

i have not seen the series and no dont bother telling me that i should because i know the story is nto resolved and i dont like watching a series with a cliff hanger ending.

here is the thing i think in my opinion there will definatly be another season but it will not be released this year most likely in mid or late 2015 so they would have enough material for another series .

this is one series they cannot mess up if they want the profit to keep flowing and the fanbase high just be patient Smile
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
here is the thing i think in my opinion there will definatly be another season but it will not be released this year most likely in mid or late 2015 so they would have enough material for another series .

this is one series they cannot mess up if they want the profit to keep flowing and the fanbase high just be patient Smile

Unfortunately, Japanese fans do not seem to be very patient. They might have way less interest in season 2 of the anime if the producers take too long announcing and airing it. Hence, I rather see more anime this year to take advantage of the current, very high interest.

Like I said, THERE IS ALREADY ENOUGH SOURCE MATERIAL TO DO 12-13 MORE ANIME EPISODES.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

Unfortunately, Japanese fans do not seem to be very patient. They might have way less interest in season 2 of the anime if the producers take too long announcing and airing it. Hence, I rather see more anime this year to take advantage of the current, very high interest.

Like I said, THERE IS ALREADY ENOUGH SOURCE MATERIAL TO DO 12-13 MORE ANIME EPISODES.

I think that's very unlikely. SAO didn't get a second season announcement until a year later EVEN though the source material was finished. And people are freaking out about it as much as they would before.

If you add the fact that Attack on Titan is tons more popular than SAO was I really don't think anyone is going to be losing interest in it anytime soon. And also just think about it. The source material is a monthly manga. If they were to make a 12 episode series it would probably stop just a couple pages short of the latest manga chapter. Do you realize that we would have to wait EVEN longer for the next season after that? I'm talking 2-4 years at best. That doesn't sound like a good deal if you ask me.

I personally don't mind waiting until the source material is finished so that the anime can go through with no fillers and no BS.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Things do become really tough to sell later on if they wait too long... but we're talking like 4+ years, not a year. Rozen Maiden and Shana final seasons sold like dirt compared to the earlier seasons since they waited too long, but waiting until 2015 for Free shouldn't be too long.
Yause

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Fans drop out of the market over time. While there's some perception that otaku are deep into their hobby for life, the truth is that most move on. One visual novel producer estimated the average cycle to be five years (and generally, new customers that enter the market go for the latest products as opposed to the "classics"), so it's easy to see why a long-running franchise might suddenly tank.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I agree that we should be patient and wait for more source material to become available to not ruin the anime adaptation of Attack on Titan, by the math says this:

Season 1 (airing Apr-Oct 2013): 25 episodes adapting chapters 1-33

Season 2 (airing Oct 2014-Mar 2015): 25 episodes adapting chapters 34-65 (chapter 65 out on January 2015)

Season 3 (airing Apr-Jun 2016): 13 episodes adapting chapter 66-82 (chapter 82 out on June 2016)

This is a doable scenario assuming that the manga ends at 80-82 chapters and it does not go on hiatus.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I agree that we should be patient and wait for more source material to become available to not ruin the anime adaptation of Attack on Titan, by the math says this:

Season 1 (airing Apr-Oct 2013): 25 episodes adapting chapters 1-33

Season 2 (airing Oct 2014-Mar 2015): 25 episodes adapting chapters 34-65 (chapter 65 out on January 2015)

Season 3 (airing Apr-Jun 2016): 13 episodes adapting chapter 66-82 (chapter 82 out on June 2016)

This is a doable scenario assuming that the manga ends at 80-82 chapters and it does not go on hiatus.

by that calculation u proofed my point that the next season would be released in 2015 i mean cmon a year and a half is not much of wait compared to other series i mean as an example look at Mushishi the second season is airing this year and that took 9 years to get back on the air

Last edited by Thespacemaster on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
That's also a schedule that assumes the mangaka has no hiatus.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That's also a schedule that assumes the mangaka has no hiatus.

angelmcazares wrote:

Yes, like I clearly indicated in my post.
Samo2222

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
Really looking forward to seeing how Gatchaman Crowds sells next week.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Can you but AoT on Japanese iTunes?

I hate physical carriers such as BluRay (the more so DVD).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1