• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: SMAP×SMAP Variety Show Features Colossal Titan On His First Day At Work

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, so much for that. Video is made private.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Well, so much for that. Video is made private.

Probably did that to make sure the video doesn't get taken down and the user that uploaded the video doesn't have his YT account get closed (I've heard stories from people who upload fansub J-pop MVs had not only video taken down but also their YT account get closed due to violating Japan's draconian copyright laws). You know how Japan is very strict and draconian when it comes to their stuff being uploaded on Youtube due to draconian anti-piracy and copyright laws. So this doesn't surprise me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I updated it. This one doesn't have English subtitles, though. Sad

Better watch it quick before this gets taken down too...
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:

Yeah, thanks for the update, Bamboo. Razz

I hope people watch this quickly, this is why I'm a big critic of Japan's draconian copyright and anti-piracy law. Crying or Very sad Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:

Yeah well, live with it.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
It's official, the video is no longer on Youtube. For people that want to see it, sorry!!! Crying or Very sad
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
It's official, the video is no longer on Youtube. For people that want to see it, sorry!!! Crying or Very sad

Unless you had your means.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote
StudioToledo wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Well I'm not going to use torrents to watch them, but that's why I always criticize Japan with their draconian copyright and anti-piracy laws. It's ridiculous, and I also criticize Johnny's Entertainment for being so strict on how information is released.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
StudioToledo wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Well I'm not going to use torrents to watch them, but that's why I always criticize Japan with their draconian copyright and anti-piracy laws. It's ridiculous, and I also criticize Johnny's Entertainment for being so strict on how information is released.

Funny, I was assuming someone with a plug-in would've simply copied the video off YouTube anyway, but again, there are many ways.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
StudioToledo wrote:

Funny, I was assuming someone with a plug-in would've simply copied the video off YouTube anyway, but again, there are many ways.

Well yeah, but I prefer to watch my video legally. As I said, I'm a big critic of Japan's draconian copyright and anti-piracy law.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
StudioToledo wrote:

Well yeah, but I prefer to watch my video legally. As I said, I'm a big critic of Japan's draconian copyright and anti-piracy law.

I know. All of this would not be a problem if those Japanese companies had bothered simply letting those clips stream on their own websites that could be watched by anyone freely but it hasn't gotten to that level yet.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
StudioToledo wrote:

I know. All of this would not be a problem if those Japanese companies had bothered simply letting those clips stream on their own websites that could be watched by anyone freely but it hasn't gotten to that level yet.

I'm not going off topic, but I sent you a PM expressing and ranting over Japan's draconian law.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1