• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akame ga KILL! Dark Action Fantasy Anime's Teaser Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
Aww, I wish this would of been longer but damn, I am so excited to see this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
Somebody hold me because I'm excited!
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:58 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Anyone else replay that two seconds of akame over and over again? =3
Marzan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah!! I'm stoked. I hope they don't hold back on the violence of the series.
BGMaxie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
StormVanguard wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Me here, she looks gorgeous on quality and beauty on that stream there, makes my preference for long-black haired girls skyrocket all the way up to pluto.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
For whose not blinded by hype, the manga is just slightly above average, but way more violent. There is absolutely nothing special about it, not in characters, or in powers. And yes, it pulls powers out of its ass just like every other shounen. I have noe idea why peopel are hyping the hell out of the anime, since there is no way it will keep all that violence, unless its airing very late at night, or is censered to hell and back.
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
BGMaxie wrote:
StormVanguard wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Me here, she looks gorgeous on quality and beauty on that stream there, makes my preference for long-black haired girls skyrocket all the way up to pluto.

Personally i'm an Esdese guy but seeing her animated now does make me wonder if that will change. She looks better then ever.
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
There is absolutely nothing special about it, not in characters, or in powers. And yes, it pulls powers out of its ass just like every other shounen.

This is 2014, it depends on the studio handling it if it will get alterations or not. And if you're implying censors before bluray that's nothing new, do you really think fans are gonna ignore the after product?

As for being nothing special and pulling powers out of its ass, the art style and the vibe AkG gives off feels special to us it gives you that false sense of security just to rip that away and makes you wonder what the author's next move will be.

Pretty much every shounen does this it's definitely not as bad as you imply such as last minute power ups, they actually go threw a process instead of gaining something new like they just leveled up to level a new skill as far as i recall anyways.

And you make it sound like there's nothing worth mentioning when there's plenty regarding the world and the characters of AkG.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
StormVanguard wrote:
AkG gives off feels special to us it gives you that false sense of security just to rip that away and makes you wonder what the author's next move will be.

Which was awesome the first time, nice the 5 times after that.... and annoying as all hell right now. It's the equivalent of Bleach "In trouble? Time to pull that secret bankai/transformation/plan you had right out of your ass" strategy. And no... I don't care if your power is ice... you still can't stop time. And don't give me the BS that she can freeze your molecules, because if she did... YOU'D BE DEAD! Come to think about it, this is JUST like Bleach (although AgK did it first), when Rukia pulled out HER bullshit ice power that can freeze fear by making you deader then dead. I think all shounen authors lately have been getting together to snidd each others cocaine.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
As long as they dont think about adapting the last arc the anime should be fine.
I dont that the characters are tremendously special but they do posses qualities that make them stand out.Like the main character's determination to kill,or the Bors's relationship with family and his work.Also,manga achieved a nice balance of triumphs and loses,never making it too dull or anti-climatic.But,ever since the introduction of "Rape Hunt",manga started to suffer from creating shock value for the sake of shock value.Granted it always did that,but they increased that aspect overwhelmingly in latest chapters.Which is a real shame,hopefully anime will not touch these parts.
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

and annoying as all hell right now. It's the equivalent of Bleach "In trouble? Time to pull that secret bankai/transformation/plan you had right out of your ass" strategy.

If Bleach actually killed off their characters after chopping them in half, regardless though they're still destroying Naruto's current arc since the Ninja War basically destroyed the entire manga.

And simply put some people just have an acquired taste of course people are gonna be hyping something they never dreamed to be possibly animated, it's pretty much like Claymore getting animated again or Airgear or as a better example freaking Bastard.

Also, i'm gonna have to ask you to use spoilers.. some people wait for chapters to accumulate or haven't read at all as of yet.
And it's definitely not as bad as you're implying a couple things doesn't Justify the whole manga being mediocre and being nothing but ass pulls.

And i don't see anyone ever becoming a spoiler[quincy, shinigami, hollow, spirit king, human,]hybrid.

In short, let us live a little man the fanbase isn't as big as you think it is.

Last edited by StormVanguard on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:53 am; edited 5 times in total
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
As long as they don't think about adapting the last arc the anime should be fine.
I don't that the characters are tremendously special but they do posses qualities that make them stand out.Like the main character's determination to kill,or the Bors's relationship with family and his work.Also,manga achieved a nice balance of triumphs and loses,never making it too dull or anti-climatic.But,ever since the introduction of "Rape Hunt",manga started to suffer from creating shock value for the sake of shock value.Granted it always did that,but they increased that aspect overwhelmingly in latest chapters.Which is a real shame,hopefully anime will not touch these parts.

Gotta agree on that note. Those last two chapters have been more squicky than their worth.

Normally I've been down with the whole "Anyone can die" atmosphere of this series. But now, with all the recent spoiler[rape death] scenes, I'm really dreading the fate of whatever characters remain. One, especially, has their death flag raised high in the air. *shudder*

Anyway, good trailer for the anime.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love AgK. I'm just a bit pissed off and bitter at what's happening to the manga. I despise Edsee with all my heart, but I'm supposed to. I love to hate her. And I love Tatsumi, especially since he does not shy away from killing. And yes, Esdee's powers are a bit BS, since she's way over-powered, but the spoiler[time stopping thing] is the only think I have issue with.

But right now, we've had chapter after chapter showing us how bad the new bad guys are. We get it already, MOVE ON WITH IT! We get it, they are 120% evil. They are worse then Edsee, but get on with the story. It just seems that now, the author is just putting in death scenes for the hell of it. I just wanted it to get better, not worse.
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love AgK. I'm just a bit pissed off and bitter at what's happening to the manga. I despise Edsee with all my heart, but I'm supposed to. I love to hate her. And I love Tatsumi, especially since he does not shy away from killing. And yes, Esdee's powers are a bit BS, since she's way over-powered, but the spoiler[time stopping thing] is the only think I have issue with.

But right now, we've had chapter after chapter showing us how bad the new bad guys are. We get it already, MOVE ON WITH IT! We get it, they are 120% evil. They are worse then Edsee, but get on with the story. It just seems that now, the author is just putting in death scenes for the hell of it. I just wanted it to get better, not worse.
Then imply that in the beginning it's greatly misleading.
I can see how you would get frustrated regarding the disappointments you have witnessed in the past with other manga's/anime but i would have to disagree seeing as how nearly everything else has been fine so far and this current arc and reveal of new characters hasn't done anything to warrant impatience and pessimism.

And believe me when i say i have seen things, i have been following pretty much everything every season as of late and adventuring in areas in manga people normally don't go.

Just stay positive and enjoy what you're getting for now, it's always worked for me. I'm sure Takahiro won't let us down.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Fair enough. I guess I'm just jaded that all my favorite long running mangas are going to the crapper, story wise. I guess I just think AgK will be going there as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2