• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mysteria Friends (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:50 am Reply with quote

Mysteria Friends (TV)

Genres: fantasy
Themes: school, yuri

Plot Summary: Mysteria Academy is a prestigious magic school that teaches magic without discrimination to the three factions (men, gods, demons), who usually are engaged in battle with each other. Two of the academy's students are Anne, a princess and honor student, and Grea, a princess born from a dragon and a human.
----------------------------------

Seems to be an Iyashikei or 'healing anime'. Side project of a video game. Running on Crunchyroll as of this writing.

Two princesses in a magical world's magic school, both living somewhat apart from the other people, one because of social and literally power standing as the potentially most powerful magic user of her time, and the other because of her half-dragon mixed heritage. So they find some friendship in just being together, often in very minor things. Some hints of loneliness and melancholia in each of them.

Seems to be fairly overlooked, being such a mild show and a late starter in the season. Pretty much the definition of a mood piece.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:54 am Reply with quote
Well, with episode 5 we see what kind of action show this could be, if it was to really keep going in that direction. minor spoiler[Grea punches out a demon that is about double-plus her height, for instance. Or a demon-like thing. I'm no expert. Smile ]

My initial impressions could have been just a bit wrong. Embarassed

Ep 4, with all its music and the effect of its settings, was what led me to call it a mood piece.

Still a very pretty show.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6.

Split version this time. We get a beach episode. Part one has a magic volleyball match that could have been in a shonen fighting show between the student body president and a very determined underclass girl, and in part two, at the same time, Anne and Grea go off alone to get some very relaxing, quality special time together spoiler[ for very basic swim training. ] After credits, everyone does fireworks.

Still a nice show, and the setting for Anne and Grea is very pretty.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1