• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2014 Anime Preview Guide - Momo Kyun Sword

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatoriStar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
What is with those red circles with a white spot on the boobs? It looks like they have pustules on their breasts. I can't imagine who came up with this idea but they should google image search pustule.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
CatoriStar wrote:
What is with those red circles with a white spot on the boobs? It looks like they have pustules on their breasts. I can't imagine who came up with this idea but they should google image search pustule.

Recently I have seen those "red circles" quite a bit in many animes, it seems to be a fad that I hope slowly dies overtime.

Seems to me ANN is not very fond of this series, which is to be expected. IMO it is the perfect opposite of Sailor Moon Crystal. It does not takes itself seriously (no drama), it features nice magical girl transformations (I am looking at you ugly CGI), the character designs are easy on the eyes and it is shonen fodder (unlike the shojo fodder which is SMC).

If this series sales poorly no one will notice, but if it manages to outsell SMC in the disc market, I bet many people will have a serious crisis that will make me laugh for years to come.
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
If this series sales poorly no one will notice, but if it manages to outsell SMC in the disc market, I bet many people will have a serious crisis that will make me laugh for years to come.

It won't, and you're deluded if you think it even has a chance.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
EyeOfPain wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

It won't, and you're deluded if you think it even has a chance.

Momo Kyun Sword is like Tanken Driland (but with juicy peaches), innocuous kiddie stuff that is entertaining. Unlike most anime series, this you can show this to your kids (unless you have allergy to peaches like most of ANN staff), so I think this will have modest sales.

Nowadays anime shoujo series sell badly unless they have BL undertones (KB, Free) or have a strong male protagonist (Hoozuki no Reitetsu). Tuxedo Mask is not a protagonist (he is a support character) and there are no BL undertones and (unlike the original) SMC is 100% shoujo, so even Toei does not expect this to sell many discs (I would not be surprised if they release it only on DVDs), which is fine since they are aiming to finance the series with increased sales of merchandise (unrelated to disc sales) and stream revenue.

In summary, I am not the one deluded here.
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
[...]
"Wow," is about the only thing I can say without offending you, so... wow.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
CatoriStar wrote:
This should be self explainatory, but it's the same as the ejecting of blood from a boy's nose when he should see a naked girl. It's a fool for the censors. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1