• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals One Piece Dub Cast for Thriller Bark Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Lost Girl is a Canadian show, actually.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Lost Girl is a Canadian show, actually.

Fixed, and thanks!
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
While I'm glad to always hear more of Jamie Marchi I wonder if this will hurt her chances of possibly getting to voice Boa Hancock in the future (IMO anyone else would be underwhelming)

Then again isn't Joel McDonald is directing this arc just like One Piece Film Z? (since Mike McFarland has been occupied with Attack on Titan and side projects like HAL)

Even though she voiced Miss Valentine early on, McFarland didn't cast/direct her then either (just approval as line producer) and multi-casting isn't uncommon for a show this large plus all these characters sound nothing alike and Marchi (who IMO has always been an underrated veteran) has the talent and potential to voice another notable One Piece character with a distinct voice
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think it'd be funny and a bit surreal if they got Colleen to voice Boa Hancock. Laughing
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:54 am Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
While I'm glad to always hear more of Jamie Marchi I wonder if this will hurt her chances of possibly getting to voice Boa Hancock in the future (IMO anyone else would be underwhelming)

Then again isn't Joel McDonald is directing this arc just like One Piece Film Z? (since Mike McFarland has been occupied with Attack on Titan and side projects like HAL)

Even though she voiced Miss Valentine early on, McFarland didn't cast/direct her then either (just approval as line producer) and multi-casting isn't uncommon for a show this large plus all these characters sound nothing alike and Marchi (who IMO has always been an underrated veteran) has the talent and potential to voice another notable One Piece character with a distinct voice

As Line Producer, Mike McFarland casts all characters. McFarland said, even though he doesn't direct every episode, he still has to approve the every episode and makes all the final decisions.

I don't think Joel McDonald is directing the entire season by himself. Even though the majority of the first 3 seasons were directed by Scott Sager & Jason Grundy, McFarland still directs a few episodes here and there.

Since Cindry and Miss Valentine don't make any future appearances, I don't think it will hurt Jamie Marchi's chances of Boa Hancock. There is a big enough gap between Thriller Bark and Amazon Lily, so if she's the right person to voice her im sure she will get it. Only way she can hurt her chances if she's difficult to work with.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
Glad FUNi still has some live action TV shows. I remember when they distributed the DVDs for Degrassi: The Next Generation...
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Marchi (who IMO has always been an underrated veteran) has the talent and potential to voice another notable One Piece character with a distinct voice

Yup, I always enjoy hearing her in shows too.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
The best part about this is that I literally just finished this arc yesterday Razz

Anyway, Jerry Jewell as Hildon is making me think of his role Rosario to Vampire Mad
Nami_Swan99

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
Aww September 30th. That's ages away, I hope the Thrill back Arc was worth the months wait. Laughing
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:20 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Personally, I think it'd be funny and a bit surreal if they got Colleen to voice Boa Hancock. Laughing

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but that idea got squashed at season one when she got picked as luffy. If it was another VA that was doing luffy then yea i would also agree that it would be a possibility.

I would probably predict that another ADV vet like Kira Saint Davis (aka Nyu/Lucy from Elfen Lied ) would get voiced as hancock.

Unfortunately they never said who would be voicing Kuma the Tryant. Then there's of course Oars the Continent Puller. would be interesting in who would voice those two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1