• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rie Murakawa, Yukiyo Fujii, Tsubasa Yonaga Join Log Horizon 2nd Season's Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
NIce and Nice judging from the picture it looks like the animation and character designs got sharper, its good cause the only problem i saw with this series was the animation everything else was great.

with Lize, Tetra and kinjo confirmed that means that vol 6 and 7 will definitely be animated although it is still yet to be confirmed weather it will be 2 cour or not
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
Cool! I recently finished watching the first season, so I'm looking forward to this.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
Been wondering if this was schedule to come out soon.

Nice see it coming back! I didn't know it was user generated plot. I wonder if that's still happening!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this will be a 2 cour. There isn't too much to adapt anymore unless I'm mistaken.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Best news I've heard all day. It's close tie between Log Horizon and Kill la Kill for my anime of the year.

Let's hope it has a killer OP once more to make up for the lack of 'Database'..... Woah Ohh! Razz
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I wonder if this will be a 2 cour. There isn't too much to adapt anymore unless I'm mistaken.

There's 2+ novels right now (8 is partially online), plus there's the Kaname side stuff (which I've heard is starting to get pretty important), so I can see it going 2 cour.

I'm totally stoked. Specifically for the key image. Because now I have confirmation that the coat is white, and I can go buy my fabric for my costume.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Log Horizon is back and it would be great if they make 2 cours happen.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Hm not really much to go on from those designs, they don't look good but character design was never this series strong point. Looking forward to S2, just kinda hoping something actually happens this season though. First season was basically 25 episodes of world building and some pretty weak action which I liked but it can't keep doing that.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
why is this getting a second season. Does it has alot viewers? it sold alot of bluray? I watched like 14 eps, it was pretty average.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Because it runs on NHK and it sold a decent amount of copies. It doesn't have an otaku timeslot, so it's not really held to the typical issues that shows in that kind of timeslot have to overcome for another season to be greenlit. Just think of how many seasons Phi Brain got, and that had like 10% the sales numbers that Log Horizon got for instance.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Im glad Yun*chi is back for the ending theme. I hope MAN WITH A MISSION FEAT. TAKUMA return for the opening song.....or they can just use Database again since its already epic as is.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for this, really enjoyed the first season. I liked that it lacked a "big bad" and just had the characters dealing with the situation the found themselves in.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this 2nd season. Loved the world that was established during the 1st season. More Log Horizon makes me happy.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:45 am Reply with quote
That key visual looks embarrassing.
natchu96

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Show them who their idol is, Tetra. Show them who to love.

You know, I wonder how she manages to stay in character 24/7. Seems like a tough job.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2