• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Queen's Blade: Beautiful Warriors

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Sweet finely someone the ovas its just to bad the did get Vanquished Queens with it
the-antihero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
All those boobs and yet they managed to make an unwatchable anime. Such a waste.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
This one was actually pretty important going into Rebellion, as were those two OVAs about Annlotte and Siggy. Good to finally see it picked up.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Boobies for the win!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
So they're cornering the market on Queen's Blade? Their next move is an obvious one, I guess. I enjoy the series more than IkkiTousen even if Rebellion is one of the worst shows I own.

Vibrating loli armor, oh Japan, the things you do...
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to it.
coates32
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm sort of surprised that Sentai licensed this set of OVAs. I hope it turns out better than the QB: Rebellion.
pakli1988

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations to Sentai Filmworks, who had just licensed to Queen's Blade: Beautiful Warriors on Thursday, August 14, 2014.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
coates32 wrote:
I'm sort of surprised that Sentai licensed this set of OVAs. I hope it turns out better than the QB: Rebellion.
So am I. Maybe Sentai will eventually start thinking, "Hey, maybe it's not a good idea to randomly jump around and skip series in a franchise, because people might not buy parts 1 and 4 if they're in doubt of the availability of parts 2 and 3."
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
This one was actually pretty important going into Rebellion, as were those two OVAs about Annlotte and Siggy. Good to finally see it picked up.

I think your talking about the Vanquished Queens OVA. Cause if i am not mistaken that is the one that took place before rebellion where Allayane the instructor found & trained a young annlotte.

though i am glad that the beautiful warriors OVA got licensed ,unfortunately this announcement have me worried. Cause sentai said it would be released in the future and not give an official time date. definitely not a good sign cause they can also drop the OVA without notice since there is no time for a release.

hopefully it will get released sooner than later and also with the same english dub cast from the TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Key

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 am Reply with quote
This is the set that comes in between the second and third TV series. Vanquished Queens is, IIRC, set in the aftermath of Rebellion.

Really, this one should have been picked up and released first, since as others have noted, it does has some important set-up and lead-in for Rebellion. (And not just for Annelotte, though her episodes are definitely the most important.) At least they did finally get it, though; now if Sentai could only do the same for the To Love-Ru OVAs that they've skipped over. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
This is the set that comes in between the second and third TV series. Vanquished Queens is, IIRC, set in the aftermath of Rebellion.

Really, this one should have been picked up and released first, since as others have noted, it does has some important set-up and lead-in for Rebellion. (And not just for Annelotte, though her episodes are definitely the most important.) At least they did finally get it, though; now if Sentai could only do the same for the To Love-Ru OVAs that they've skipped over. . .

true enough. especially when it comes with the to love ru darkness series. hopefully it sells well enough to warrant an english dub cause its long overdue. the same with gintama.

I just hope they dont the beautiful warriors OVA the sub only treatment otherwise i would be seriously pissed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
I will definitely be getting this "in the future."Smile

I have The Exiled Virgin, The Evil Eye, and Rebellion on Blu-ray.
I have watched the first two twice but have watched Rebellion only once so far.
I guess that I should try to wait for Beautiful Warriors before I watch Rebellion again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Actually Vanquished Queens is set before Rebellion too

Season 2 ---> Beautiful Warriors ---> Vanquished Queens + Rebellion Prequels w/ Annalotte & Shigi ---> Season 3 (Rebellion)

spoiler[Vanquished Queens EP1: Branwen & Dogura not yet set up in Gynos, Nowa captured after leaving Alleyne (Beautiful Warriors) and Tomoe is now fully blind (hinted in Beautiful Warriors)

Vanquished Queens EP3: Leina captured by Swamp Witch who is now fully active and revived Liliana. After Leina's temporary enslavement she's cursed and becomes "Maria"]

I don't know for sure but I've always assumed OVA series were more difficult to license since each episode is usually released separately and sometimes a limited edition print.

Wouldn't be surprised if Japanese companies weren't happy about the idea of a complete & affordable collection being an option further increasing their reverse importation fears.

Most R1 companies also seem to care more about full length TV series and would rather spend their acquisition money on that instead of OVA series, TV specials and movies.

Still waiting for this to get licensed...

anime#5024

If France & Italy can have a blu-ray release and include dubs, why not in English too...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1