• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Persona 3 Film's Story, Visuals, Staff, Spring Debut Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
The second movie comes out on DVD in March? But we didn't wait that long for the first movie.
Nyren

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
If the second movie doesn't releases on DVD and Blu-Ray till March, we shouldn't expect Aniplex to license it any time soon. Hell, we're still waiting on a dub for the first movie. Then again, something tells me Aniplex isn't going to dub it. This is why I hate Aniplex.
#Synergy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Third movie almost out.. Still didn't get Subbed versions of the second movie Sad
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
BRB, preordering Movie 2.
mickstack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I don't suppose Crunchyroll would stream these movies with subs? Sad
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
If the second movie doesn't releases on DVD and Blu-Ray till March, we shouldn't expect Aniplex to license it any time soon. Hell, we're still waiting on a dub for the first movie. Then again, something tells me Aniplex isn't going to dub it. This is why I hate Aniplex.

Putting my bet down right now: AoA isn't gonna even attempt to get the original dub cast back together. Razz
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote
The first movie blu-ray was not dubbed. $79 and did not have English menus.
I am such a Persona 3 fan, I bought it and liked it a ton.
Just yesterday I was poking around the encyclopedia to see when movie #2 was being released.
March is a bit of a disappointment.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Double post
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
mickstack wrote:
I don't suppose Crunchyroll would stream these movies with subs? Sad

does Crunchyroll even stream movies?
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Putting my bet down right now: AoA isn't gonna even attempt to get the original dub cast back together. Razz

I don't see why they wouldn't if they were to dub the P3 movies, all the shows that aniplex dubbed were recorded at bang zoom just like the Persona games, now if the movies were licensed by Funimation or Sentai it might be a different story. (key word "might")
Nyren

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Leland Lee wrote:
Nyren wrote:

I don't see why they wouldn't if they were to dub the P3 movies, all the shows that aniplex dubbed were recorded at bang zoom just like the Persona games, now if the movies were licensed by Funimation or Sentai it might be a different story. (key word "might")
Well Sentai got the original Persona 4 cast back for Persona 4 The Animation. So it stands to reason that Aniplex could do the same for Persona 3 The Movie. The problem is that Aniplex is not consistent with its releases. At least Funimation and Sentai dub every series they license. Aniplex probably has the most money out of the three, and yet they don't dub everything they get. Look at Kara no Kyoukai. Awesome movie franchise, but never dubbed, limited production, and are far more expensive than any anime I've ever seen. I honestly wish that Funimation had licensed it rather than Aniplex. At least then we'd be guaranteed a decent dub and an affordable price tag.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
theNightster wrote:
Leland Lee wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Well Sentai got the original Persona 4 cast back for Persona 4 The Animation. So it stands to reason that Aniplex could do the same for Persona 3 The Movie. The problem is that Aniplex is not consistent with its releases. At least Funimation and Sentai dub every series they license. Aniplex probably has the most money out of the three, and yet they don't dub everything they get. Look at Kara no Kyoukai. Awesome movie franchise, but never dubbed, limited production, and are far more expensive than any anime I've ever seen. I honestly wish that Funimation had licensed it rather than Aniplex. At least then we'd be guaranteed a decent dub and an affordable price tag.

Probably has a lot to do with Aniplex continually demonstrating that they don't actually give a single solitary fudge about fans in the long run, only what they can make the most money off of with the least amount of effort necessary, which is why they hoard licenses like Persona in the first place cause they're guaranteed money makers due to the work Atlus already put in building the franchise into what it is today themselves. Aniplex's overall quality and effort level as a content producer operates on a sliding scale of how much profit potential is in a product more blatantly than any other company in the industry at this point in time. If they felt they could make more money off of a work by releasing a dub with it or adding more budget to a show I'm convinced they'd totally do it, but I doubt that's the case. It's not like most of what they release here stands much of a chance of ever making it on television or into the mainstream though since they operate on the premium priced for otaku market principle unlike Funimation for example so there's also just little incentive to dub anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1