• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Doing Business in Japan

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Hilarious article of an American who has been living in Japan for a decade now speaking about how Japanese firms work. The first part about the system of salary men is absolutely hilarious:

http://www.kalzumeus.com/2014/11/07/doing-business-in-japan/

Well, was hilarious at least for me. Shows how crazy corporate culture is in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
No thanks, Taiwan is a better option, and if I wanted to sell my soul to someone, there are more worthwhile options. I don't want to sell my soul to a corporation who more often than not is headed by some of the worst corporate tyrants on Earth. I complain about corporate tyranny in America, Europe, and other Asian countries such as China but they don't compare to how Japanese companies do things. They are all in your business too, as someone who gets sick to his stomach occasionally and fearful when the question of marriage pops up, it would be unbearable to have my boss hounding me on why I don't want to get married and children, no, there's not even a positive thing I can say there.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
The Talkback forum is reserved for threads that directly relate to articles, columns, and/or news, only. Users may not create their own topics on a whim. That's what the other forums are for.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1