• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Hori-san to Miyamura-kun Original Anime Episode Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roronoa_Zoro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
Still sucks....i read the manga and was excited when i heard there will be an OVA adaption...watched it... was a huge let down even i dont really care about the animation..still it doesnt had the feeling like in the manga.. just wish that the manga to get an anime...a full series with a good budget and the manga's style.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:30 am Reply with quote
Roronoa_Zoro wrote:
Still sucks....i read the manga and was excited when i heard there will be an OVA adaption...watched it... was a huge let down even i don't really care about the animation..still it doesnt had the feeling like in the manga.. just wish that the manga to get an anime...a full series with a good budget and the manga's style.

considering that this is made by an independent animation studio, that animation is pretty good. Character designs remind me of Nichijou so it's not half bad. But you shouldn't let animation decide whether an anime is good or bad. Also, have you seen the ORIGINAL manga art? that's really bad and even worse than what we're getting xD. But man, it felt more and more like everyone watching anime are just in for the animation instead of story/character/etc.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
3rd Hori-san to Miyamura-kun Original Anime Episode Previewed in Video

Quote:
Online retailer Oozlaya began streaming a promotional video for the fifth episode of the original anime video series

Um, which one is it?
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Edit: I see what you mean by the error now. I'll notify the writer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Woah, I can't wait~

I don't hate the artstyle, but at times the characters and the scene feel so dull and emotionless (e.g. spoiler[The second OVA where Hori was blamed by the student council. In both web manga (chapter 10) and manga version (chapter 7) the scene was pretty intense and Hori was shown with great distress, while in the OVA her face looked flat, if not what we call "bored-looking"]

The webmanga art is worse than the anime, but I think it can convey more emotions and situation than the OVA. Plus the art "evolved". If you see the latest chapter and the first one, you'd probably think they weren't made by the same person at all.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Roronoa_Zoro wrote:
still it doesnt had the feeling like in the manga

Which version of have you read? Horimiya or Hori-san to Miyamura-kun?

Still, looking forward to this. Not because of the animation, but I have been enjoying the stories in these OVAs.

From what I know of Horimiya, I hope that series does get an anime TV series one day. No idea what the chances of that happening are...
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I wish someone would license either manga in the US. Although, too be honest, I'd want Horimiya more because I like the art more.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
I wish someone would license either manga in the US. Although, too be honest, I'd want Horimiya more because I like the art more.

Me too. However, the OVA adaptations actually makes sense since it's based on the 4-Koma version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1