• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia entries missing some news items?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
I noticed that this:
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-10-02/shonen-jump-offers-online-manga-and-secret-jiggling-body-parts/.79486
is not in the News section of the To Love Ru Darkness manga entry:
manga#11976

I know it's listed as "Interest" but the ANN google site search labels it as "News" and appears under the News tab after a few pages of searching.

I have noticed the same with other interest items.

If it's a matter of categorization, could you include Interest in the news or a separate section for it? For example the TV anime encyclopedia entry:
anime#14209
has "Reviews", "News" and "Other articles"

Also, for the News items radio button that limits the number of news items shown, how do you decide what to show? The default, less than full # of items seems to show random news articles.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Also, for the News items radio button that limits the number of news items shown, how do you decide what to show? The default, less than full # of items seems to show random news articles.

The radio with the largest amount showing expands to news articles which were "green-linked," which I believe means the article uses the title of the anime/manga somewhere in the text (so some software added the link) but the article is not about it. The ones that show up to begin with have been marked by the staff writing the article as directly pertaining to the anime/manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1