• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Godzilla vs. Kong Film Date Moved Forward 1 Week

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Still years away so this will be forgotten.
YROSHIKU

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:56 am Reply with quote
I think that whoever wrote this thread was high off his tits, who gives a flying fudge that it's gonna be delayed one week? It's just one damn week and movie is planned for 2020!
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:55 am Reply with quote
YROSHIKU wrote:
I think that whoever wrote this thread was high off his tits, who gives a flying fudge that it's gonna be delayed one week? It's just one damn week and movie is planned for 2020!

"Godzilla vs. Kong Film Date Moved Forward 1 Week" moved forward a week is the part you've miss-read neighbor.

And in two and a half years(give or take),things may changed again, but this is just a quick update for the here and now Smile
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:15 am Reply with quote
I don't know about all the "one week in two years" kerfuffle but this caught my eye:

Quote:
Warner Bros. is planning to develop a new "ecosystem" of both new and classic giant super-species.

I would soooo love to see Them get remade. If you're going to have a picnic with a giant ape and a giant dinolizard/dragon, there's bound to be giant ants. And it just "happens" to be already a WB property so....

Wait a minute, so is Beast from 20000 Fathoms. OK, this could get weird...

We could actually get a movie called War of the Monsters that really is a war of monsters and not just Gamera versus Guillon.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Wait a minute, so is Beast from 20000 Fathoms. OK, this could get weird...
We could actually get a movie called War of the Monsters that really is a war of monsters and not just Gamera versus Guillon.

Or The War of the Gargantuas

btw Gamera a former Daiei Film property has a snowball's chance at being in a Godzilla movie.
Kadokawa Daiei Studio(Kadokawa Pictures) made an offer,in 2004, to co-produce with Toho Co. a Gamera vs Godzilla pic,it was turned down.

Daiei vs Toho was a thing.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:51 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac, if our current American copyright system didn't retroactively extend pre-1978 works to having a 95-year term, Bf2F would have been public domain here on 1/1/10. Then, even fan made remakes could have been done but we have to wait until the end of 2048 for that to happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1