• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isuca Anime's 1st Promo, Commercials Feature Opening Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I would think that since it's starting so late this month, it would be a shorter series.
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:40 am Reply with quote
For what it's worth, Amazon Japan is listing 5 50-minute home videos, which would put it at 10 episodes, but that's not exactly conclusive.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 am Reply with quote
Also worth mention, the limited edition of the 7th manga volume of Isuca which comes out in August, comes with a BD OVA.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:15 am Reply with quote
Something about that PV where it makes all the characters come off looking rather lifeless. PVs are part of what is meant to sell you on a series, and this just felt so flat.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Something about that PV where it makes all the characters come off looking rather lifeless. PVs are part of what is meant to sell you on a series, and this just felt so flat.

I agree. I saw nothing really eye catching in the PV that made me want to watch this. The only reason I even contemplated watching this was because I was attracted to its art style, but it seems like the show itself will differ from the picture we are provided with. The male lead design is quite bland in my opinion, and from what I have seen in the manga it will be very ecchi if they adapt faithfully. I do like the character design of Sakuya, I think she looks very beautiful, but that's not enough to hook me to this. Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid, might give it a chance later if people say it is good though.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:48 am Reply with quote
@_Cyphon_ - Think I may be in the same boat. I do believe that this'll end up being a series with convenient lighting/steam due to the ecchiness...but I just don't see anything that appeals to me in the story.

Will sit around for some reviews of the first episodes before deciding on this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1