• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Survey: Choose Your Daily Streaming Reviews Spring 2015

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
There was no automatically-generated talkback thread for this, so I've created one if you want to discuss the poll. Thanks to everyone who voted.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:36 am Reply with quote
I'm posting this here since it's not possible to create a thread of the survey. If it's posted in the wrong place sorry.

Just wanted to say the second season of Knights of Sidonia is missing, that's all ^^u
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
They only review legally streaming titles, and Sidonia isn't streaming this season, it'll be streaming in summer on Netflix.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh ok, I thought it would be licensed at the last hour like many of the other series.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I picked:

Baby Steps 2
F/SN UBW TV 2
Oregairu 2
Show By Rock
Sound! Euphonium
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan

Baby Steps is a highly overlooked title that is the thinking man's sports show.

F/SN UBW TV 2 is being covered anyway but I wanted ANN to know how much I like it.

Oregairu 2 is an awesome show and not your highschool typical romcom.

Show By Rock because I genuinely found the first episode to be well-made and fun.

Sound! Euphonium because it's a Kyoto Animation show which actually has a very realistic character-driven story, and I like that.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan because although it is fluffy right now I reckon the plot will eventually kick in and really change things up.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I'll repeat my post here

Hameyadea wrote:
About the Survey:

I've noticed the absence of some shows (I'm sure there're more, but those are the shows that I know about):
  • Ansatsu Kyōshitsu
  • Dragon Ball Kai (2014)
  • Fairy Tail (2014)
  • One Piece
  • World Trigger

When I asked about One Piece's absence in the Winter Survey, I got the response that there wasn't anyone up-to-date with that series. Has the situation changed since then?

Also, a suggestion: while I love it that I can pick & choose any number of shows, I think that limiting the number of active check boxes at any one time might give better results, since it will force people to consider which show they really want to read about. I think that placing the limit at the 5-7 sounds reasonable.
Random 21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much picked everything I'm currently watching. The only one that I don't think will get a review is Baby Steps, since it's a little too niche, but hey, stranger things have happened.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
Of the Choose Your Daily Streaming Reviews: Spring 2015, I selected none of the boxes and submitted. There is not a single episode of any of those shows that I have any desire to watch. Is my opinion recorded? No. The survey page keeps popping back up. Why is "None of the above" not a valid choice?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quote
Probably because this survey has an actual purpose. That is to pick the shows that will be reviewed on a weekly basis this season. You can't review "none of the above" so there is no point in including that answer.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Dissenting opinions are invalidated. If one does not like the choices presented, one can go away because one's opinion is of no importance. There are those who may not like any of this stuff but, apparently, they do not matter.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
gridsleep wrote:
Dissenting opinions are invalidated. If one does not like the choices presented, one can go away because one's opinion is of no importance. There are those who may not like any of this stuff but, apparently, they do not matter.

However, the Survey isn't to find out which Spring Season show is the best, but which should be covered. That isn't an issue about dissenting opinions, since you yourself admitted that you won't watch any of the shows on the list, this Survey - as a whole - shouldn't matter to you, nor affect you. Also, since ANN can only cover legally available shows (key word: legally), there isn't a blank opinion like there is in "Which is Best" Surveys. Last Season a lot of users asked ANN to cover Dog Days'', but because it was available legally only to Asian countries (East & South, IIRC), and as ANN staff lives in North America, they couldn't do it.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
@gridsleep
Dissenting opinions are not invalidated. That is what the talk back thread is for. You are here. Unfortunately, you have not expressed any opinion other than a dislike for the choices presented. If you know of a show that meets the requirements you should mention it. That is, a show currently being issued that is available legally streaming.

If all you want to do is express the opinion that nothing this season is any good, this is probably not the place to do so. This is a poll for what should be reviewed as it is released. As I said above, you can't review nothing. A dislike for the entire season would be more properly displayed in the Spring Preview thread or in the Anime forum.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Having a "none of this interests me" option is completely irrelevant to the poll's purpose, as has been explained.

The poll is finished anyway; thanks everyone who participated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1