• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Writing a paper on Otaku Culture

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmaiSweets

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:38 pm Reply with quote
So I have to write a paper on Otaku Culture and like a dummy I chose to interview people, come to find out, I was too shy to do it in person >.< So i chose to sign up for a forum and see if anyone was nice enough to answer some questions Very Happy They are very simple, open ended questions about Otaku's or just people who love anime. Any response helps, thanks guys! :3

1. How many times a week do you watch anime? (could be in hours, days or even just how many anime's you watch a week)

2. Why do you like anime?

3. Does it bother you that It doesn't always come in your native language or do you only watch when it becomes dubbed to your native language? (I ask because I've met people who only watch it when its in english)

4. Do you read manga? if so, if you read one you like, do you look for the anime adaption or vise versa?

5. Do you consider yourself to be an Otaku? and why or why not?

6. Do you consider people who play japanese video games to be Otakus?

There open ended so feel free to elaborate or put your own opinions on the topic of the question. Thanks again:P
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote
AmaiSweets, do you want the responses to be PM'd to you, or for people to answer in this thread? I ask because if it's in the thread, the interview would be closer to an asynchronous focus group rather than traditional one-to-one correspondence, which might affect the way the answers are given, if not the answers themselves. Thoughts?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:36 pm Reply with quote
AmaiSweets, just FYI, we get the occasional thread that asks for help/feedback for papers and projects. However, much like any other thread opener, it's considered common courtesy that when presenting a topic that the author give some feedback/reasoning of their own, first. If you could maybe give a brief explanation of your project or at least fill out the survey, yourself, that would be appreciated.

Because a lot of the time, when people post these, those users rarely ever reply back, which is rude and douchey. So to show a sign of good faith (and thanks for the participants), please answer your survey as well. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1