• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chaos Dragon TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Previews Opening Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:02 am Reply with quote
Dragons, wars, demons... well, they have MY attention.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
What's with anime and CG dragons? At this point they have gotten most CG to look reasonably good... but the dragons man, the freaking dragons always look... gaudy as hell.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
What's with anime and CG dragons? At this point they have gotten most CG to look reasonably good... but the dragons man, the freaking dragons always look... gaudy as hell.

It's like in Yu-Gi-Oh!, which is a compliment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JqpJUivQLo

Last edited by MajinAkuma on Thu May 21, 2015 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:21 am Reply with quote
So... At the 1:51 mark, did Ibuki (judging by the white sleeves) commit seppuku, or at least tried to?

I'm also interested to see how ufotable's God Eater will affect my opinions about this show, and vice versa. Currently, the polarity between the optimistic and social-friendly Ore Monogatari!! and the pessimistic, introvert-inducing Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku are affecting my views about the shows (so far in a positive way, and having Eguchi Takuya voice the lead in both goes a long way.)

relyat08 wrote:

I agree; Jūō Mujin no Fafnir was centered around fighting dragons, and they all had clunky CG model movements and generally outdated CG look.

Jūō Mujin no Fafnir's dragon

Shrek's Dragon
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

not every studio can have ufotable level cgi. You gotta think of that
KH91

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I saw that digivolution.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Man, this looks like it's got some money behind it. Real slick, and makes me even more hyped to see it. Has this been licensed for Western streaming yet? Like, Crunchyroll or Funimation?
As for the dragons, yeah those were a bit clunky. Hopefully they'll use them sparingly. Last Fall's Rage of Bahamut did their CGI dragons pretty well, though. Best I've seen in anime, honestly.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Does the dragon remind anyone else of Ddraig?

On surface level, I don't see anything too unique with this, but I can see the potential. Everything besides the CG dragon looks good. It just doesn't look natural to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1