• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV Tech Demo Video, Demo 2.0 Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:42 am Reply with quote
RIP Stella and Versus XIII. We all had a feeling Stella was gone since she hasn't been seen since 2013. Unfortunate for the people who waited a near decade for a game they wont fully get. Would be cool if Stella was resurrected as a KH character(with all her abilities that were shown) in the next saga(the usual role of an FF character) since she wont be put to use anymore.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
Stella is still in the game. She just has a new name and a new character. Maybe somebody with her original concept will be in either KHIII or FFXVI.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
10 years from now:

Kid: "Hey, what were the Final Fantasies between XIII and XVIII? Was one of them really just a fifty minute tech demo about a boy band on a camping trip?"

FF Fan: "We don't talk about that one."
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:28 pm Reply with quote
icomeanon4 wrote:
10 years from now:

Kid: "Hey, what were the Final Fantasies between XIII and XVIII? Was one of them really just a fifty minute tech demo about a boy band on a camping trip?"

FF Fan: "We don't talk about that one."

That joke is so creative and totally hasn't been said a million times. Did you spend all night writing that one? Do you also have jokes about how Shinji Ikari is a gay emo?
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
rip stella. i liked/ looked forward to her. She was was like the complete opposite of NOctis she was light to his dark. Anime cry RIP >.<
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
That joke is so creative and totally hasn't been said a million times. Did you spend all night writing that one? Do you also have jokes about how Shinji Ikari is a gay emo?

Yeah, it's an old joke, forgive me. I figured at this point yet another tech demo was worth an old joke.

Unless you're being irritable about the 'boy band' thing, in which case I'd like to clarify that I don't have a problem with the FFXV protagonists being essentially a boy band. The dudes have gotten plenty to get them excited in FF over the years (see Tifa, and Yuna as literal pop sensation), so it's only fair for the gals to get something too. Still, when nearly all we've seen of the game in action is "NSYNC enjoys the great outdoors," it's funny because that description doesn't scream "epic adventure."

I'm rooting for FFXV. Been rooting for it since the first trailer in 2006. I want it to be great. Don't see anything wrong with joking about it, though.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
icomeanon4 wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

Yeah, it's an old joke, forgive me. I figured at this point yet another tech demo was worth an old joke.

Unless you're being irritable about the 'boy band' thing, in which case I'd like to clarify that I don't have a problem with the FFXV protagonists being essentially a boy band. The dudes have gotten plenty to get them excited in FF over the years (see Tifa, and Yuna as literal pop sensation), so it's only fair for the gals to get something too. Still, when nearly all we've seen of the game in action is "NSYNC enjoys the great outdoors," it's funny because that description doesn't scream "epic adventure."

I'm rooting for FFXV. Been rooting for it since the first trailer in 2006. I want it to be great. Don't see anything wrong with joking about it, though.

Sorry. The whole boyband joke has been overdone.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote
The boy band in this game is actually pretty cool, so I do not mind the joke in that aspect at all.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 am Reply with quote
3.9 gig update. Can you still go out the boarders?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1