• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: So Cute It Hurts!! GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. Guess I'll have to check it out.....
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this, guess I may have been in the mood for some light comedy antics.

I do agree with what is said about Mego's side of the story. It does seem to be the more cliche of the two stories that we're seeing, but it does provide the more comedic moments.

After reading this, I decided to hunt down the OVAs, just to have a peek into the future. Must say, I kind of like what was shown there.

A plus, for me, is that the end is in sight for the series. 11th volume is starting the last arc of the series. How long that arc may be, I've no idea, but I'm assuming it won't be stretching the series for too many more volumes. Laughing
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I've never been clear on when to capitalize "deaf" and when not to. I know of at least one man who describes himself as "deaf, but not Deaf", having had bad experiences with the Deaf community.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of this series before, but it does sound like something for me to check out.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm quite a Ikeyamada Go fan but this one so far is the least captivating of her works. I hope this means her other manga will be brought over here as well. It's about freaking time she got more attention.....
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I agree, chibii - I'm really surprised it's taken this long for her to get an English translation. I'm also a bit surprised it was this title and not Suki Desu Suzuki-Kun or Moe Kare, both of which I think are a bit better. Sadly I doubt Get Love or Uwasa no Midori-kun have much chance, being soccer stories...I do love Midori-kun, even if she's a terrible cross-dresser. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1