• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Berseria RPG's 1st Promo Video Teases Solo Heroine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shade62

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I swear, Bamco's gonna put Velvet in skimpy clothing like there's no tomorrow. DLC included. I'm praying that doesn't happen, though. I'd like to have a female protagonist that's not advertised that way. I don't need her to be in revealing clothing just to be interested in the character.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, the underboobs are real. I can expect some more fanservice in this game later on because thats how Japan rolls.

spoiler[that was intentional]
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
shade62 wrote:
I swear, Bamco's gonna put Velvet in skimpy clothing like there's no tomorrow. DLC included. I'm praying that doesn't happen, though. I'd like to have a female protagonist that's not advertised that way. I don't need her to be in revealing clothing just to be interested in the character.

Agree. didn't like her outfit either :\
Ultimatum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, pretty much all of the above. I'd already decided to wait for reviews of Zestiria before getting it (not just for the Alisha thing--mainly the environments just look so bland which is a double-whammy when they make the overworld so big), so it's not like this is the first time my enthusiasm for the series has taken a hit, but....

The outfit basically says to me that they don't care about how fans like me might feel about it. It makes me uncomfortable, obviously, and aside from the cloak it looks pretty dumb. So, yeah, I've just got the feeling that the series is moving in a direction I'm not interested in. If friends recommend it or it gets really great reviews or something I'll probably check it out.

......Also, does Velvet have Milla Maxwell's face? They....can't be that lazy, can they?
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah yeah yeah. I still am really interested in seeing how gameplay will fare compared to other games which involved parties.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah. I still am really interested in seeing how gameplay will fare compared to other games which involved parties.

^this

Honestly, I hope this will just be a one-time thing...it doesn't feel like a Tales game unless there's a party. It just feels so off. I am already picturing that there won't be nearly as many skits due to the lack of a party.
varmintx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Ummmm...why are you people assuming there won't be a party?
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
Ummmm...why are you people assuming there won't be a party?

I think this is due to our wording of this and past articles on the game, and we apologize for that. When we wrote "solo heroine" we meant that Velvet is going to be the only protagonist in the game, and it's the first time a game in the franchise has featured a woman as the only protagonist. Tales of Xillia had a female protagonist (Milla), but she was one of two protagonists, the other being a man (Jude). We've gone back and changed the wording in all the Berseria articles to hopefully avoid confusion.

Just to be clear, there has been no confirmation that the game will not feature a party that travels with Velvet.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait.
Lion Magnus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait!!

Already asked and answered but I also have to do it: why are you people still assuming there won't be a party? D:

And yeah! because of the sea, ships, etc, etc. Let's put her on some heavy clothes!

Yes, hardcore fanboy here Rolling Eyes
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Is that just placeholder music? I assume it is this early in the production. Regardless, it reminds both my boyfriend and I of the Krypton Fanfare music for Superman-Superman Returns.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1