• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One-Punch Man Anime's October Premiere Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
My most anticipated series for Fall. Can't wait for this Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
Hopefully it's more than just 12-13 episodes given how the manga is spread out for the first few chapters.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
Hopefully it's more than just 12-13 episodes given how the manga is spread out for the first few chapters.

Probably wont since you can read the chapters almost as fast as Bleach. My bet is they'll add anime original material to flesh things out because if they don't I can see some major problems with pacing with this series. And knowing how the director has never done an adaptation before also makes it possible.
(when i say anime original i dont mean filler or anime original like we are used to. I mean like how Production I.G. do it where they add anime original content as extra setup for events for extra tension building etc
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:24 am Reply with quote
Is it going to be a Daisuki exclusive? Also, I thought an October release was already confirmed. More than that, I'm interested in the episode count. Hope it'll be more than 1 cour, but as long as they get all the way through the Boros arc, I'm good. Garou would be an extra.
Buzz201

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
Is it going to be a Daisuki exclusive? Also, I thought an October release was already confirmed. More than that, I'm interested in the episode count. Hope it'll be more than 1 cour, but as long as they get all the way through the Boros arc, I'm good. Garou would be an extra.

Not neccesarily, I believe the press release said it was being co-licensed by Diasuki and Viz Media in much of the world, and that it would be streamed by Daisuki in all territories, but Viz Media's local affiliates would also be selling streaming rights.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
Also, I thought an October release was already confirmed.

I was under the same impression as well.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, can't wait. Definitely my most anticipated anime of the next season. I mean, some of the manga pages look animated already if you flick through them fast enough, so this combined with Madhouse is going to be spectacular.
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
How/Why is a Madhouse series airing on TV Tokyo? Isn't Madhouse an NTV subsidiary?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait!
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
How/Why is a Madhouse series airing on TV Tokyo? Isn't Madhouse an NTV subsidiary?

The same way Ace of Diamond and Hanayamata aired on TV Tokyo; or all the other series like No Game No Life, Mahouka, Mahou Sensou, BTOOOM! and Overlord that didn't air on NTV.
NTV as the parent company of Madhouse hasn't restricted them and allows Madhouse to collaborate with as many production companies as possible.
For example, Madhouse hadn't worked with Aniplex for many years, and it was after their takeover by NTV that they suddenly worked with Aniplex on two projects: Arata-naru Sekai and Mahouka.
One-Punch Man is also an interesting case. The last time Madhouse collaborated with Bandai Visual (main producer of OPM) was on Dennou Coil back in 2007 I think.
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
molibdaenum wrote:
xScar wrote:

The same way Ace of Diamond and Hanayamata aired on TV Tokyo; or all the other series like No Game No Life, Mahouka, Mahou Sensou, BTOOOM! and Overlord that didn't air on NTV.
NTV as the parent company of Madhouse hasn't restricted them and allows Madhouse to collaborate with as many production companies as possible.
For example, Madhouse hadn't worked with Aniplex for many years, and it was after their takeover by NTV that they suddenly worked with Aniplex on two projects: Arata-naru Sekai and Mahouka.
One-Punch Man is also an interesting case. The last time Madhouse collaborated with Bandai Visual (main producer of OPM) was on Dennou Coil back in 2007 I think.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I didn't realize how many shows Madhouse had actually animated lately. When I think of them, I think of Hunter x Hunter, Parasyte, Death Parade and My Love Story --- all airing on NTV.
jree78

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
If it's on tv Tokyo wouldn't be on Crunchyroll too.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
With how this year is turning out for me regarding anime (which isn't that good) I'm really hoping the team can make this into a solid show if not adaptation. Love the manga but I didn't think watching it would become this much of a priority to me.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
jree78 wrote:
If it's on tv Tokyo wouldn't be on Crunchyroll too.

TV Tokyo doesn't control the licensing of every anime that premieres there, just most of them.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Agh, school will start. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2