• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuuto Uemura, Mamoru Miyano Star as Famous Authors in Bungō Stray Dogs Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Are these some of the character designs? They look good imo. Hope to see an animated PV soon.

My favorite one out of those is Ryunosuke Akutagawa so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Kamiyan, Hosoyan, Rikika Koyoma, OnoK, Mamo-chan, Toshi-kun...what an amazing line up. Embarassed
rinshiiya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote
hosoyan AND mamoru miyano....
I added this to my To Watch list at the speed of light
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like they've got a great cast! Sounds like it will probably air in Winter around the same that the second cours of Akagami no Shirayukihime will air.

The concept is really intriguing to me, despite not knowing most of the authors. Plus it's BONES so I expect it to be gorgeous. Hope it doesn't disappoint!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
In a way, this would be Fate for Japanese mystery book nerds. Also, this the 20th anime series so far where Miyano and Hosoya are in the same series!! What are the odds of that happening unless it's on purpose?

Totally gonna watch this since I've heard at least two of the writers and I like the premise.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
OHMYGOD This is literally everything I live for. How did I not know this manga existed? And the anime is made by BONES? MY excitement knows no limit OHMYJESUSGODCHRIST Oh god I hope we get more info on this soon. The cast sounds amazing too. Mamoru Miyano as Dazai and OnoK as Akutagawa? Akutagawa is hands down my favorite Japanese writer, and I absolutely LOVE Jigoku-hen and Rashomon, those are probably my favorite short stories ever. I am so [expletive] excited for this
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
The character designs remind me alot of the persona series consider me intriged.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Kai99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:48 pm Reply with quote
After reading the first couple of chapters, my excitement for this series has greatly lessen. It is pretty predictable so far, the characters aren't all that original, I could see this going downhill pretty fast. But I'm hoping it might just surprise me. The character designs are pretty interesting, but that is all that it is going for it at the moment for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1