• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KonoSuba – God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World!! (TV + movie).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quote

Season 1: KONOSUBA – God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World!! (TV)
Season 2: KONOSUBA - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 2 (TV) (discussion starts here)
Movie: KONOSUBA - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World– Legend of Crimson (movie) (discussion starts here)
Season 3: KONOSUBA – God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3 (TV)

Source: Light Novel (completed @ 17 volumes, written by Natsume Akatsuki, illustrated by Kurone Mishima)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studio:
Season 01: Studio Deen
Season 02: Studio Deen
Movie: J.C. Staff
Season 03: Drive

Genres: adventure, comedy, fantasy

Themes: fanservice, goddesses, harem, isekai, magical girl, NEET, other world, parody

Plot Summary: Kazuma Satō is a hikikomori (shut-in) die-hard fan of games, anime, and manga. A traffic accident brings his disappointingly brief life to an end, or it should have, but he wakes up and sees a beautiful girl who introduces herself as a goddess. She asks him if he'd like to go to another world but he can only bring one thing with him. Kazumi chooses to bring the goddess.

With that, he is transported to another world and his great adventure subjugating the demon king begins, but first the hard work of finding food, clothing, and shelter begins. Kazuma wants to live in peace, but the goddess raises one problem after another, and then the demon king's army has its eyes set on him.

Air Date & Platform:
Season 01: January 13, 2016 (Wednesday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Season 02: January 11, 2017 (Wednesday)

Movie: August 30, 2019 (Friday)

Season 3: April 10, 2024 (Wednesday)

Episode Count / Runtime:
Season 01: 10 episodes
Season 02: 10 episodes
Movie: 90 minutes
Season 03: Pending
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Okay, first things first, this is essentially like a character in a video game thing, although technically it is just another world that happens to be video game lie, kind of like DanMaichi. I know people are going to say oh no, not another stuck in a video game anime like SAO, but can we just say that it is pretty much a genre, like Magical girl anime or magical high school.

I liked it, from the design alone I could feel it was something I wanted to watch. As far as characters go, it does feel like Aqua might have embellished his fate a little to try and get him to agree to deal. Along with her lack of sensitivity, and not giving attention it deserved, she kind of deserved getting thrown along with him. We had a quick montage like scene where the two adapted to their new setting, and afterwards, they seem to have become comfortable around each other so no tiresome mean behaviour by the looks of it. She already seems to have grown.

They said Kazuma is average in most things, but at least he does not have any actually bellow average stats, and his measured intelligence and "luck" means he covers up for Aqua's negative stats are. He will probably be able to cover for things she will be no good at like thinking on his feet. Of course she should be good, she is a goddess, and together they will probably be okay.

I laughed at parts like her drinking a bit in the montage which was followed by her then throwing up. I expect this to be harem, but that does not mean it will be bad. I am looking forward to more of this.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:17 am Reply with quote
I don't know how the rest of this series will go, but this is a well done intro to an over done concept of "now you are in a game world", I enjoy the concept that where this every dude has managed to rope in a divine being into what amounts to a fool's errand that had already been mocking his fate.

It is amusing that this season of releases there are MANY examples of touching an RPG situation, some are decent enough while others complete misses as well as taking on the concept in either a light hearted or serious fashion simply gives my own take that this comedy is a welcome change of pace to simply laugh at and with the characters.

Just to be clear, this will be on my "to watch" list.
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
I was extremely pleasantly surprised! I was expecting bottom of barrel LN trap in video game adaptation, then some people put in some good word so I kinda went in backward, but it was actually pretty good. I mean, 0 for originality, SAO meet Ah! my goodness. But the humor was funny, there was no dumb fan service visible, the character are interesting and the MC isn't a useless character being throw around by the story.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
It was indeed very funny!

This is less Sword art Online and more The Devil is a Part-timer-like. Though that wall scene with the bird did make me think of Attack on Titan. Of course, nothing else has shown up that resembled that show.

Wait... he got some sort of Psycho Pass as well. This show is toying with me, I'm sure of it!

Watched the trailer, it has a giant Toad in it (N-Naruto...?). I'm sure I've already been missing a ton of references now.
RunawayYoyo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I had fun with it, don't really understand the hate this site reviewers give it...or is it just cool to hate on DEEN?

Properly reinforces why i'm starting to really dislike reviewers.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I honestly thought it was one of the better opening episodes of the season with plenty of tasteful humor. It kind of felt like Danmachi with flecks of No Game No Life thrown in for good measure.
I like how it did actually feel like they were inside a game and how the mechanics like class selection/character stats were incorporated seamlessly into a real life system that worked. Aqua's also a pretty cool character, kinda bitchy but I like her already.

However, there are still 10 more episodes for KonoSuba' quality to dip in. No point having a good start if the rest is just bland and worse than what we've seen before.

I'm hoping for something good here... fingers crossed!
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Animation quality is pretty awful. I normally don't notice these things, or if I do, I don't mind much, but geez this episode. Aqua's character design reminds me of Denki-Gai a little bit. Schrodinger's panties and all that. The start was actually reminding me of Yu Yu Hakusho, but this a totally different way to take the initial premise. I liked the comedy, hope it stays good for the rest of the run.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:48 am Reply with quote
This looks very fun!
A lot of irony in this one.. LOL
Kazuma & Aqua... what a duo.
Adventuring was not as he hoped for..
Will give this a few episodes ^^
Kamagor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Mixed bag for me. At moments it had some genuine humor, but then it gets really mean spirited, making me really not like the two leads at all. They are too inconsistent. Also I'm wondering if the real plot of this show is whether Aqua is wearing underwear or not. A question for the ages!

I'll probably pass on this one unless I hear it improves over the kind of half-assed first episode. Wouldn't be the first time I went back to a series (Food Wars) after not liking it's start a whole lot.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Kamagor wrote:
Quote:
Also I'm wondering if the real plot of this show is whether Aqua is wearing underwear or not. A question for the ages!

I think that question has already been answered in the negative. I watched the show for the first time after I saw your post. I think we have already seen as much as is possible and there is no sign of any underwear. Shocked
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Kamagor wrote:
Also I'm wondering if the real plot of this show is whether Aqua is wearing underwear or not. A question for the ages!

Only lowly mortals that can feel shame would be concerned with something trivial like underwear.
Kamagor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Kamagor wrote:

Only lowly mortals that can feel shame would be concerned with something trivial like underwear.

It wouldn't have been a thing if they weren't shoving her ass to the forefront so much, trying to get across the idea that Aqua's underwear preference is apparently either "commando" or the flimsiest of g-strings lol
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
*Ahem*

After close and inspection she's obviously suffering from a 'wedgie', hence the reason why she was so bitchy...

Maybe not...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
@Shikiari

I think that is the shadow of the blue and yellow skirt. She also has a transparent under skirt or slip. I'm pretty sure she isn't even wearing a thong as no strap is shown anywhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9