• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Shingu Anime, Sound of the Sky Episode 7.5 to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
So much anime, so little time.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:25 am Reply with quote
Finally they add Soranowoto's episode 7.5! I've been waiting for it for ages!

EDIT: Oh, but for users in Canada and the US... That's just grand... I could swear I watched it on Crunchyroll, but now I can't find it at all. Did the license for Europe expire or something?
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:48 am Reply with quote
Shingu is one of the best and least seen anime of its era. Hopefully now it'll finally find the audience it deserves.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:

EDIT: Oh, but for users in Canada and the US... That's just grand... I could swear I watched it on Crunchyroll, but now I can't find it at all. Did the license for Europe expire or something?

I thought perhaps they had both episodes in the distant past as well, but apparently not:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-669621/soranowoto-special-episode-launched

That Site News post (in October 2010) states "we are releasing one of the two special episodes for Soranowoto!"

If you are referring to the series itself, I have a dim memory of the original simulcast license for it expiring, but as of yet I've found no Site News confirmation of that, nor of the series being restored later as a catalog title. I have thus far only found the original simulcast announcement, which lists the territories:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-597772/winter-simulcast-so-ra-no-wo-to
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Crunchyroll also announced an update for Canadian users on Friday. Starting on February 1, catalog titles will be available in Canada only to Premium subscribers. Free subscribers in Canada will still be able to watch currently airing series. New episodes of currently airing titles will be available for 13 weeks, and then they will be available to Premium members only.

Thank god I don't have visit CR anymore. Daisuki (they have a better player too!) and official Youtube channels give me the things I want in HD, in addition to not screwing me over for being a free user. I liked to wait so I could binge watch through a series. This hurts for things that are longer than 13 episodes too.

It actually really makes me curious of the 'current' view of Canada in the anime market because of our decreasing dollar. Are they all going to phase out or screw over Canadians because of our economy?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:52 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:

It actually really makes me curious of the 'current' view of Canada in the anime market because of our decreasing dollar. Are they all going to phase out or screw over Canadians because of our economy?

It's also become an issue in gaming:

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/01/15/ps-vita-games-skyrocket-to-79-99-in-canada/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1