• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sanrio Mascot Cinnamon Gets Unauthorized Lewd Twitter Account

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Probably the funnest job in the world, and the purest form of trolling.
pikopika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Hi, Cinnamon is not his name, it's Cinnamoroll. It is the same for the article Harmless Sanrio Mascot Cinnamon Bullied on Twitter
Edit: Never mind. I didn't know Cinnamoroll's shortened name was Cinnamon. Surprised

On the topic itself, he seems to get targeted on Twitter often. Crying or Very sad
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:49 pm Reply with quote
With all of the misdeeds from ne'er-do-wells that Cinnamon has to contend with, he must be Sanrio's unluckiest character to date.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Well you have Jewelpets falling in love with humans and other Jewelpets not of their species so I'm not surprised.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
First the bullying thing, now this. Why can't people just leave this poor fictional creature alone, it's sad how mean they are to it.

i eish people could just be nicer.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
Lol, it's a spoof; Twitter is full of spoofs accounts. I mean it's not like the mars rover is sentient and is tweeting us from Mars about random BS for example.

I'm just curious if its a fan spoof or an official spoof. Its been known that some creators spoof their own stuff but Sanrio making adult-humor-centric drawings of a kid-centric character? Hm... We'll just have to see if it gets shut down because if it's not official and the fan hasn't declared its not an official page, it can be.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
When Sanrio gets it's own version of a tiajuana bible. Well, not really. But this is funny.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Those images are most certainly...fitting of those tweets. Were they drawn by whoever runs the Sinamon account?

Lady Multi wrote:
Lol, it's a spoof; Twitter is full of spoofs accounts. I mean it's not like the mars rover is sentient and is tweeting us from Mars about random BS for example.

I'm just curious if its a fan spoof or an official spoof. Its been known that some creators spoof their own stuff but Sanrio making adult-humor-centric drawings of a kid-centric character? Hm... We'll just have to see if it gets shut down because if it's not official and the fan hasn't declared its not an official page, it can be.

Well, Sinamon has been blocked by the official Sanrio accounts, so it's either a third party behind this or a really weird publicity stunt.
KarmaRocketX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 am Reply with quote
"This Twitter account has been suspended"

And there it goes.

The dream is dead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1