• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lerche Animates Magical Girl Raising Project 'Survival Action' TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading the LN awhile ago and it does get a bit dark.

Hope to see some animated footage soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
This sounds pretty awesome. Can't wait for this.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Lerche?

Confused

At least Seiji Kishi isn't involved.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I await to see an animated trailer of this show. The story and visual look fantastic! Smile
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote
I saw magical girl and Hiroyuki Hashimoto and thought, "oh, this could be nice and sweet."
Read the description...
This might not be quite so nice and sweet...

In any event, as much as I like to think I like magical girl show, I can only ever seem to get into the ones that take a more dramatic turn, so this sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
Paul D. Atreides

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:24 am Reply with quote
The legacy of Madoka continues!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:28 am Reply with quote
Well, Madoka meets Mai Hime. But if you're granting these powers to people then rather than having them off each other eventually, can't you just take back the power?

In Mai Hime, the "there can only be one!" plot was the point and was always there from the start, this one is just another in the line of "Magical girl series... with a twist!" For once, I'd like to see a twist that there isn't a twist.

Also, I'm not thrilled with the idea that the power always grants the wielder physical looks as well. There's so many problems with this premise... first off, is it a general idea of what is good looks or is particular to the "magical girl" in question, that she can change herself to whatever she/he -that would be a twist, now would it? Too bad I think they're being literal about the "girl" part- thinks she would most want to be?

Well, if it's going to be fighting to the "end", it has to be 2, right? Man, this show has me face palming even before we have any details...

Oh, second. It feeds directly into the concept of the "beautiful elite", here used literally.... great, why use metaphor and simile when you can be so blunt, you're knocking your audience unconscious. Furthermore, you're hitting so many sins with that once sentence, why would anyone think this could be used for something positive?

Greed, pride, envy, sloth, lust and wrath. Thrown a bit about being to eat all you want and keeping your perfect form and you've got it all.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:11 am Reply with quote
I first thought about this anime is Akuma no Riddle meets Madoka. I wonder if this is going to be the edgiest magical girl anime ever. Picking this up.

spoiler[Inb4 this anime pulls off the same ending from Akuma no Riddle.]
Z-Raid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:35 am Reply with quote
The idea of a survival action magical girl show sounds interesting. It has the potential to be something interesting or disappointing. Either way, I'll give it a watch when it comes out.
dlm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Really?

Although the vibe I get is more Sekerei without the overbearing fanservice.

I am getting the feeling that they're running out of ideas. Next they will be doing Hollywood like things like taking a cult classic from nearly a generation ago and rebooting it or adding unnecessary sequels. Oh, wait, they are doing that with FLCL...
Vizo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Paul D. Atreides wrote:

We were all thinking it. Anime hyper
Rensie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
Very interested.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:27 am Reply with quote
Paul D. Atreides wrote:

There has been decent successes out of that like Yuki Yuuna and arguably WIXOSS. I don't mind them at all.
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Well, Madoka meets Mai Hime. But if you're granting these powers to people then rather than having them off each other eventually, can't you just take back the power?

In Mai Hime, the "there can only be one!" plot was the point and was always there from the start, this one is just another in the line of "Magical girl series... with a twist!" For once, I'd like to see a twist that there isn't a twist.

Also, I'm not thrilled with the idea that the power always grants the wielder physical looks as well. There's so many problems with this premise... first off, is it a general idea of what is good looks or is particular to the "magical girl" in question, that she can change herself to whatever she/he -that would be a twist, now would it? Too bad I think they're being literal about the "girl" part- thinks she would most want to be?

Well, if it's going to be fighting to the "end", it has to be 2, right? Man, this show has me face palming even before we have any details...

Oh, second. It feeds directly into the concept of the "beautiful elite", here used literally.... great, why use metaphor and simile when you can be so blunt, you're knocking your audience unconscious. Furthermore, you're hitting so many sins with that once sentence, why would anyone think this could be used for something positive?

Greed, pride, envy, sloth, lust and wrath. Thrown a bit about being to eat all you want and keeping your perfect form and you've got it all.

I think the point might be to point out the vices of power and the extremes humans will go to when trying to secure a scarce resource.
dlm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Paul D. Atreides wrote:

There has been decent successes out of that like Yuki Yuuna and arguably WIXOSS. I don't mind them at all.

So, what you're saying is, there actually is a net gain from the energy of watching adolescent girls fall into despair.

DANGIT KYUBEY
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1