• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Shuriken and Pleats GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Slight correction, I think... when I read this, Mikage's master was named Mr. Rod, not Mr. Ron. Perhaps an error?

Anyway, I really liked this volume and I'm looking forward to Volume 2 when it's released. Hino's art is very beautiful, and I really loved Mikage's character as she struggled between the life she's always known and the life she wants to live to please her master's final wish. I don't really pick up on any real master/slave vibes, though. Perhaps in my reading, I felt that it was very subtle and read more like it was a "father" wanting to do best for his "daughter", when all she wants to do is protect and love her "father".
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Huh, interesting review. Honestly, this series sounds like one I would've checked out, if it had lasted more than a couple of volumes.

Seems like this one may have been cancelled? Only say that because comments on the last chapter of the series all seem to be "it was rushed".
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Huh, interesting review. Honestly, this series sounds like one I would've checked out, if it had lasted more than a couple of volumes.

Seems like this one may have been cancelled? Only say that because comments on the last chapter of the series all seem to be "it was rushed".

Sadly, it was rushed. I just checked. But that doesn't mean the series itself was bad.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
That's true, not everyone would find a series bad if the ending was rushed. Personally, I do judge a series more on the ending than the journey, so I'm unsure how I'd take it.

Still thinking about getting the series, as it is just 2 volumes.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

Still thinking about getting the series, as it is just 2 volumes.

Think of it this way, at just a few volumes if you wind up not liking it you didn't waste a lot of money right? That's my thinking anyways and I figure I'll pick up the series. If it is good only having a few volumes will stink but at least you'd get a nice short but sweet series. If it sucks...well I only blew one tank of gas for my car so no big deal heh.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that's the track I've gotten on with this. And, if I don't like it, won't take much to offload the 2 volumes. Much like I will be doing with the 4 volume series Evergreen. Laughing

Can either just sell them cheap on eBay or donate them. And, seeing as I'm lazy, I'll probably end up donating them. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1