• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oh My Goddess' Fujishima's New Toppū GP Manga Gets Simultaneous English Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nice Tea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
What? My manga dreams coming true? A realistic and serious manga about pro motorcycle racing? By Fujishima, a true hardcore motorcycle fan?
YES YES YES!!!

Funny note, Valentino Rossi even briefly appeared in the Ah my Goddess anime (Season 2, episode 11).
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to it I wonder if Kodansha plans to simultaneously release Makoto Raiku's Vector Ball and Sayonara Watashi no Cramer from the creator of Your Lie in April that they mentioned on their site. I wish they'd put out a simulpub for Nekogahara as I've really wanted to read it too.
zensunni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
An obsessively accurate manga about motorcycles by Fujishima, and simulpubbed at that? Where do I sign?
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:00 am Reply with quote
Kind of wish AMG would just get a definitive new anime to finish telling the story.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:24 am Reply with quote
A MotoGP manga you say? Why yes, I would like to read this a great deal!
Yosuke Suzuki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:57 am Reply with quote
Man,look at that RCV !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, anyone who read Oh My Goddess would know that he's really into motorcycles, so I don't suppose that it's much of a surprise that he'd do a manga focused on them. They popped up often enough in OMG without them being the focus.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kind of wish AMG would just get a definitive new anime to finish telling the story.

That would definitely be nice. Who knows if they'll ever do anything like that though. It seems like that's the sort of thing that we rarely get, because anime adaptations of manga are generally done too early in their run for it, since they're looking to use the anime to promote the manga, and they don't usually bother to come back and finish the job (on top of frequently mangling the manga's storyline to have an ending for the anime). For whatever reason, it seems like light novels tend to be more likely to get adaptations that don't try and wrap it up prematurely, though you're then often left hanging with no real conclusion. Still, OMG is popular enough that I'd think that it would stand at least some chance of either having the most recent adaptation continued or a new one made given that the manga finished recently. And at least a couple of manga series have gotten that sort of treatment in recent years (Inuyasha and FMA come to mind). So, it's not unheard of, even if it's rare.
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
This actually sounds like it could be a real gem. Even though they never strived for hard "realism", both Your under arrest & OMG showed some pretty interesting races. Should be interesting to see how he handles a more "grounded" manga.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I wish the manga would finish telling the story at least. (No, Volume 48 is [not] it.) Rolling Eyes
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

....the manga did finish the story. I assume you mean that you want an adaptation of the manga's finale.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1