• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Only Yesterday Film's DVD/BD Release Listed on July 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
I'm curious what the extras on this release will be. I have the JP release, but I would definitely double dip if it has translated extras like documentaries and whatnot. And I just want to give them money to release more niche films. Still waiting on Giovanni's Island, among others.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:44 am Reply with quote
For all its faults, the UK industry stocks Ghibli titles in notable abundance. Only Yesterday has been lingering on our shelves for many years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
For all its faults, the UK industry stocks Ghibli titles in notable abundance. Only Yesterday has been lingering on our shelves for many years.

You guys seem to just get more of the artsy stuff that I like in general. If things stayed in print longer over there, I would probably have a sizable UK import collection right about now.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
That's a nice cast.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:50 am Reply with quote
I just watched the English dub at the Event Cinema Marion, South Australia.

3 hour advance publicity of the first screening time is not good enough...

Anyway, with the English dub, one picks up a bit more but one line needlessly changed rather than translated grated on me, where in the subbed version Taeko said that she didn't pack a dress, in the subbed version she says that the worker's pants that she had on were the only pants that she brought with her, when you see her wearing a pair of jeans and one other kind of trousers.

Dev Patel sometimes doesn't speak with the correct nuances and also, it seems more logical to my ears for any cast members who are supposed to be Japanese to hear someone speaking English with a Japanese accent or Japanese phrasing rather than trying to pick the location of their English accent.

Still, great to see it in high quality on the big screen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1