• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Screen 1st Kizumonogatari Film in Theaters in Canada

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaRoss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
This is awesome news! So much so since I don't even have to book any time off of work to go see this. That and I live a short bus ride away from Eau Claire Theater in Calgary, so I'm exceptionally pumped about this.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:42 am Reply with quote
We always get shafted up here in Canada. No theatres near me, as usual when anime movies come out.

I would really like to see Crunchyroll step up on these occasions and get movies like this. I would pay an entirely separate fee to watch this as if I was renting a movie.
Kreion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
switchgear1131 wrote:
We always get shafted up here in Canada. No theatres near me, as usual when anime movies come out.

I would really like to see Crunchyroll step up on these occasions and get movies like this. I would pay an entirely separate fee to watch this as if I was renting a movie.

Oh piss off, "wah, wah, always get screwed in Canada" we don't even get Kizu in the UK and most of the world.
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
switchgear1131 wrote:

Oh piss off, "wah, wah, always get screwed in Canada" we don't even get Kizu in the UK and most of the world.
No screening east of Toronto, which means about a third of Canada is not being served. So yeah, though to call that a "Canadian" screening.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah, we usually make out really good here in Canada for anime films. This is the first one in awhile that's only being shown in so few theaters.

It's not showing near me, but I don't think I'd go see it even if it was. Monogatari is the kind of series I frequently need to hit the pause button in order to get everything.
dragonslayer023

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
Well Japanese BD subs are coming out now. If they wanted me to go see it in theatres they should've given it to us at the same time as the US seven months ago.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
It still baffles me that nothing Monogatari has been dubbed ever...
chito895

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
If only someone got the rights for South America...
jirg1901

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
switchgear1131 wrote:

It might help if you appreciate the distance between Calgary and Toronto is larger than between Paris and Moscow. Two of the cities getting Canadian showings were closer to American screenings than most major cities in Canada are to the Canadian ones.
Kreion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:25 am Reply with quote
jirg1901 wrote:
Kreion wrote:
switchgear1131 wrote:

It might help if you appreciate the distance between Calgary and Toronto is larger than between Paris and Moscow. Two of the cities getting Canadian showings were closer to American screenings than most major cities in Canada are to the Canadian ones.

No, please, keep complaining like it changes the fact that there are still screenings IN your country.

It amuses me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1