• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: That Wolf-Boy is Mine! GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the first volume. With the title I was expecting a comedy and was very pleasantly surprised to find a softer drama inside. This series is definitely being added to my current reading pile.

I feel like the manga goes a bit fast through the middle. I was unsure about the amount of time that had passed between the main character moving and the sports festival. But this is a complaint that I find myself saying a lot with manga these days and it didn't impact my enjoyment of the work. It was nice to see that the main character was able to make friends quickly despite her previous experiences.
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
This has been on my maybe list for a while, but the title made me move it to lower on my list. Reading your review makes me think that I'd enjoy this.
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
The title made me skip right over this manga, but this review makes me think I might look at this again. It also only seems to have four volumes, which makes it more appealing. Can anybody else confirm this?
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Great review! I'm always so excited when I see a manga review on this site, especially for shoujo. They're few and far between ever since ANN canceled Right Turn Only. (I *really* miss that column!)

Based on the title and description on Rightstuf.com, I expected this to be a sexy, shoujo romantic action comedy about werewolves, with emphasis on comedy. Guess I have to adjust my expectations to a more dramatic, slow moving, slice-of-life-y shoujo about yokai with a gentler sense of humor. That actually makes me less excited for it. More Wolf Children than...than... Are there any good manga romantic comedies about werewolves, actually? There are so many fun romcoms with vampires (Karin/Chibi Vampire is my favorite), but I can't think of any with werewolves. Any recs?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
^Not licensed in English, I'm afraid. (Although I may be forgetting one...? It's been a long week.) But Tomu Ohmi has a really fun one called Kindan wo Koi o Shiyo about a lady who works in an antique shop and the werewolf she picks up. It is available in French, if that helps. Actually, there's a second one that's out in French, though I'm blanking on the title...I'll keep thinking!
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:50 pm Reply with quote
jenny10-11 wrote:
The title made me skip right over this manga, but this review makes me think I might look at this again. It also only seems to have four volumes, which makes it more appealing. Can anybody else confirm this?

From what I have been able to gather there are only 4 volumes of this title.

This actually makes me even more happy that I picked this series. It's nice to have a short sweet story. Fingers crossed the story has a nice arch and ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1