• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introduction to Manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I apoligize if this type of thread has already been done several times before, I am simply curious. What was your introduction to manga (to whomever stumbles upon this thread)? For me, I had been familiar with anime since I was very young with series such as Digimon and Sailor Moon, in Middle School I was introduced to the world of manga through Pokemon Adventures (which I am still collecting to this day with volume 29). After that I found Shonen Jump at a Wal-mart and the rest, as they say, is history. Razz
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Kinda like the introduction to anime one eh? Razz

Hmm...it's hard to say. I knew what manga was after sometime being an anime fan, but I never thought that we ever got it over here. Then I just stumbled upon a Dragon Ball volume at Hastings and bought it (volume 16 to be exact). From there I was able to look up online and found out that we'd been getting it for a while. How I'd missed it before that, I will never know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fusion duelist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I saw GitS at suncoast and I first thought that it was based off the movie. I later learned online that a lot of anime is based off of manga. before seeing that book I was oblivious to the very existence of manga.
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
What got me interested in manga was just the style of it, collecting the book and the artstyle, the cover designs and not just the story. It's a whole bunch of things in one that got me to enjoy this wonderful hobby and I don't regret spending a lot of money on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1