• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: J-World Tokyo Celebrates Naruto, Hinata's Wedding Novel with Cake

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Man, I would've loved to have attended this wedding. Very Happy
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Aaaaaaaand Sasuke isn't Naruto's best man. Wowzers.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Chouji looks good in suspenders.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:30 am Reply with quote
I could've seen this happening 2 years ago, but now it's just obvious milking the cow.

Just makes me wonder if the obnoxious level will go up like Dragonball, the closer we get to the 2020 Olympic?.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Aaaaaaaand Sasuke isn't Naruto's best man. Wowzers.
Yeah the credits for The Last shows that Sasuke didn't even attend the wedding and continues on his journey of atonement. Was never really sure why Kishi ever decided to do that.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Gateau white chocolate cake...I've had white chocolate before, but never a cake that's mostly made of white chocolate...
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
Sad Man I am so jelly, I want to attend this place just to get the memobrilia, I am a big Hinata fan so there is not a lot of stuff made specificially for her character. Though I did went nuts and preorder the figure that is hopefully coming out soon.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:42 am Reply with quote
Look at the 1/30 Crunchyroll article called "Viz Presents 'Naruto' Author's Comments On Tone Of 'Boruto,' Hinata Marriage And More" . I am not really buying this NaruHina being planned from the start. If he truly did, then he would have Naruto being shown to have stronger feelings for Hinata. I think he is just trolling. Also, remember that not everything a manga-ka says in an interview is necessarily true.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:31 am Reply with quote
^ seems pretty obvious to me, Kishi didn't make up his mind to go the NaruHina route until maybe around the Pein arc. I don't really blame him for deciding so late, I don't think it was initially his intention to have the romances play as big a part and only determined to give that part of the story a feeling of completion late in the game. Funny thing is it creates this weird turn for the anime because it's clear the anime predicted the wrong good ship and now it looks like their bsing their way through making it seem like it was NaruHina the whole time making a lot of the stuff that was inserted in The Last ring untrue i.e. that awkward convo Sakura has with Naruto spelling out that he was only into her because it was something else he could beat Sasuke at Rolling Eyes yeah, that explanation is so paper thin but whatevs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1