• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Staff Replaces Comedian Galigali Galixon's Scene in Live-Action Gintama Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midaro

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:12 am Reply with quote
I guess they don't want to get negative feedback supporting a man that could have killed someone, had not been stopped by the police. Those who actually met him may feel sorry for him, because this kind of event will affect his career in Japan. On the other hand, he may reflect on his negligence, apologise, promise not to do it again and be faithful to his word.

But I don't think it's an easy issue. Many could argue a job is job and personal life y personal life. Well, I guess he got paid. Yet there is always the image you're selling that matters. And so I guess it all has something to do with the bad press the man is recieving at the moment. They don't think people will forget about that in couple of months. In fact, there were a few scandals on Oguri Shun in the past but he was cast anyway.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
That's what he gets for breaking the LAW!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Midaro wrote:
I guess they don't want to get negative feedback supporting a man that could have killed someone, had not been stopped by the police. Those who actually met him may feel sorry for him, because this kind of event will affect his career in Japan. On the other hand, he may reflect on his negligence, apologise, promise not to do it again and be faithful to his word.

But I don't think it's an easy issue. Many could argue a job is job and personal life y personal life. Well, I guess he got paid. Yet there is always the image you're selling that matters. And so I guess it all has something to do with the bad press the man is recieving at the moment. They don't think people will forget about that in couple of months. In fact, there were a few scandals on Oguri Shun in the past but he was cast anyway.

Drunk driving is a very dangerous and reckless thing to do, and I'm glad law enforcement in Japan takes DUIs as seriously as they do in the United States (perhaps more seriously). Even if it's unrelated to his job, it speaks poorly of his self-control and his attitudes toward other people.

On the other hand, he is a celebrity, and, well, celebrities will do what celebrities do. The public will forgive him in due time. Also, he's a comedian. Comedians are good at taking incidents that would destroy a non-comedian's livelihood and turn them into strengths. Unless there's a fundamental difference between Japanese comedians and western comedians with this matter, I can see him integrating this incident into his routines to win back his fans.
Midaro

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I agree. A celebrity killed two people driving in my country and went to prison for four years. I don't know it he got his driving licence back, but It's terrible. Sometimes this people don't learn untill they get seriously punished or actually kill someone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1