• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School idol project (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote

Love Live! School idol project (TV)

Themes: idols, school

Plot Summary: The "school idol project" is set at a school between Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda, and Jinbochō neighborhoods. The school faces the danger of being "streamlined" out of existence, so nine of its female students decide to become idols to protect their school and boost attendance.
----------------------------------

So CG animated idols seems to be all the rage right now, that is with AKB0048 having big flashy cg concerts, and the first episode did have some rather impressive use. Well it was a bit shakey with parts so you might ot call it perfect. But the show regardless has some nice animation that I have no complaints about, the character designs and voices were alright. I see myself enjoying the songs in this show anyway, I already like the song they have used so far.

As for the plot, the school has only spoiler[six classes; 3 third year classes, 2 second years, and a single first years], it really is no wonder why they would be shutting the school down. Not to mention the UTX looks pretty sweet, I was expecting them to try and demonize the other school in some way to get us to root for the main characters, but perhaps they will not be so manipulative. I enjoyed the characters so far, but this seems to be one of those series where there are just no guys, which probably explains why there are so few people into the school, no one is being born.

I will likely be watching this.

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote
While I find the banter and such enjoyable, I don't think it's good enough to convince me to put up with the singing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote
First episode was okay but not too exciting for me. There's also another another idol theme series this season so going to be hearing a lot of singing this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
first episode was interesting and it caught my attention. So far i like the main trio and Umi's spoiler[imagination distracting her during archery practice] was funny. i'll watch more
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I have found their idea of running the ED's into the show pretty interesting, and there are all the cute characters.

Oh that on bit with their faces on Navy, Army and Airforce, military is so moe right now.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 am Reply with quote
I love singing and dancing and shows and this one so far I really love. I think the characters are adorable, the heart of the show sucks me in and I can't wait to see them get to numbers like we see in the op, which was really well done.

I love getting to see and hear about the hard work that goes into being an idol, and these girls commitment to becoming idols!

I caught the first ep of (what I found out) is the second season of AKB0048 as well, and I will try and catch up on that as well, I adore these idol singing and dancing shows.

I am sure not everyone would find this as adorable a I do, but so far, it's hitting the right notes for me and I can't wait to see more!
Durga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
This speaks levels of my toku nerdiness, but I couldn't help but think of Sun Vulcan when they cut to the military poster with the Air Force, Navy, and Army.

Still enjoying the production values of the show. The way the show intercuts between scenes is really neat, and the subject material is just cute enough to keep me watching.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I really like the Student Council Vice-president. she seems like a fun person to be around
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
The automation in 3D animation must be getting really cost efficient, given that they are willing to create episodic opening and ending credits. I really like how they cue the ending song and work the ending credits right into the story. Either this kind of animation has gotten very cheap or there is a lot of money behind this show.

However if I could sneak into the animation lab and change one thing, I would uncheck the dialog box for Magic Skirts.

Also I find it hard to understand why Umi would object to the Idol costumes as being too short when she is wearing a uniform skirt at least as short. I guess it is all what you are used to.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Also I find it hard to understand why Umi would object to the Idol costumes as being too short when she is wearing a uniform skirt at least as short. I guess it is all what you are used to.

Maybe its the fact that she isnt showing herself off at school so the short skirt is fine, but up on stage a lot more people are going to be looking at her, so she is more self conscious.
Durga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:47 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
The automation in 3D animation must be getting really cost efficient, given that they are willing to create episodic opening and ending credits. I really like how they cue the ending song and work the ending credits right into the story. Either this kind of animation has gotten very cheap or there is a lot of money behind this show.

However if I could sneak into the animation lab and change one thing, I would uncheck the dialog box for Magic Skirts.

Considering how good the rest of the show looks, I'd imagine there's a good amount of money going into the show and the 3D models are cheaper to animate. Thankfully when they use the 3D modeling they use some clever angling to make it less obvious. It's still obvious, but not obvious to the point that the flow of the scene is ruined.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3.

From where I sit this anime is delivering more than promised.

When that curtain went up, it was one of the best set up for an emotional scene I have seen so far this season. I don't want to write a spoiler even inside spoiler tags, but what was so good about it is how each and every character acted out their role in their own unique way -- even the minor characters. The lead Honoka had not one reaction but a pure string of them, and ends up in a place where you just want to cheer her on. I love it when a script pulls it off so convincingly.

And the song and dance number was a bonus. I'm glad they didn't make it happen overnight it was clear the girls worked hard to get where they did. Bravo.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Episode 3.

From where I sit this anime is delivering more than promised.

I am loving this show more and more myself! I want to cheer for these girls and see them succeed!

I can't even begin to describe what a giant nut I am for song and dance, so this really well produced number and all that they went through to do it, kinda brought tears to me eyes. Just a little. Wink I am completely hooked on this show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
yeah, what i love most about this show is how realistic it feels. everything that happened is pretty much what i expected to happen. the song was awesome. looking forward to seeing how the other six join. I doubt Kayo needs much convincing at this point
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote
Most girls turned out better than I thought they would from the clips.
Except Niko, but hey, all shows need a bitch to hate I guess? Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9