• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: It will be 'Breakfast at Tiffany' Some Day Manga Creator Draws Twin Peaks Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabrielperin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:13 pm Reply with quote
The identity of Laura palmer's killer was revealed 25+ years ago actually, during the second season.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
.snootrac esenapaJ gnihctaw keew elohw ym tneps I
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:38 pm Reply with quote
yeah, the killer was already revealed. Season 3 is instead about the main character and what he's been through these past twenty years.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:40 pm Reply with quote
thanks the internet's most trusted anime news source
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:45 pm Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
yeah, the killer was already revealed. Season 3 is instead about the main character and what he's been through these past twenty years.

And they resolve the "Black Lodge" cliffhanger that Season 2 ended on, and which "Fire Walks With Me" was supposed to wrap up but didn't?

I haven't watched Showtime's new "We miss 80's TV!" reboot version (or is it the "Ha, we invented 'binge arcs' first!" version?), as S2 was the one where Lynch finally turned loopy and left the planet. The shouting FBI chief just looked like something out of a bad Progressive commercial.
I remember when everyone had their great Laura Palmer theories after S1--I had one so perfect for Sherriff Truman, you could see it in his onscreen performance--and then S2 just spent six months cruelly rubbing the utter futility of it in our faces... Crying or Very sad
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
D00dleB0Y wrote:

And they resolve the "Black Lodge" cliffhanger that Season 2 ended on, and which "Fire Walks With Me" was supposed to wrap up but didn't?

I haven't watched Showtime's new "We miss 80's TV!" reboot version (or is it the "Ha, we invented 'binge arcs' first!" version?), as S2 was the one where Lynch finally turned loopy and left the planet. The shouting FBI chief just looked like something out of a bad Progressive commercial.
I remember when everyone had their great Laura Palmer theories after S1--I had one so perfect for Sherriff Truman, you could see it in his onscreen performance--and then S2 just spent six months cruelly rubbing the utter futility of it in our faces... Crying or Very sad

I too thought Truman was responsible, which was a disappointment when he wasn't. However, I find it interesting that the sheriff was responsible in the Deadly Premonition video game, a game that was inspired by Twin Peaks.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:20 am Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:

I too thought Truman was responsible, which was a disappointment when he wasn't. However, I find it interesting that the sheriff was responsible in the Deadly Premonition video game, a game that was inspired by Twin Peaks.

At every single red-herring clue, Truman was practically pushing Cooper into pinning the murder on easy suspect Leo, who was already getting a little on the side with Laura, it's easy to wonder who else she might have been going around with, and who might have been jealous.
Watch that smile start to cross Truman's face when Leo is called up at an inquest...

(But, it turned out to be all for nought, once Lynch went into his new Wacky Slapstick and Screaming-Meemie phases, and Ben started dressing up in Civil War outfits...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1