• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Apocrypha Anime to Premiere on Netflix on November 7

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Go directly to hell Netfilx. This is all I have to say about this. If there is justice in the world they will lose money on the anime side and get the hell out.
Koda89

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
So much for that errata for that article months ago saying Netflix got the show. Laughing

Last edited by Koda89 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
chito895

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:55 pm Reply with quote
And here I thought they meant July 11 lololololol

Netflix will never learn. Such a shame.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Thank god UTW is with us once more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TemplateR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:03 pm Reply with quote
On November 7? Srsly Netflix? Are you gonna to make us pirating the next anime again?
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it's been a long time since I've used Bittorrent for anime...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:10 pm Reply with quote
As expected Netflix will wait an entire season to release a cour in full Laughing Not that I'm complaining, I'm fine with their binge-watching model. This is how they always do things regardless of the medium they're working. At least they didn't make that double paywall Amazon is doing. I for one hope Netflix keeps this up and continue supporting the industry.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Netflix, if you can simulstream a show *in Japan*, you can simulstream a show *outside Japan,* too! I don't think that's asking for too much. You can save the big, fancy, hyped binge-'till-your-eyes-fall-out rollout for the dub, if that makes you happy.
Chibi Buizel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:32 pm Reply with quote
So Netflix learned nothing from all the outrage surrounding their LWA release. Great.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
As expected Netflix will wait an entire season to release a cour in full Laughing Not that I'm complaining, I'm fine with their binge-watching model. This is how they always do things regardless of the medium they're working. At least they didn't make that double paywall Amazon is doing. I for one hope Netflix keeps this up and continue supporting the industry.

Except it's not. They air these anime weekly in Japan. They also air weekly shows in the US (Chelsea). They CAN do it. They CHOOSE not to. They're fools.

Also this a weird time frame. Fate/Apocrypha aired on July 2nd (Japan time). That means Netflix is adding the show right when episode 20 airs. Out of 25 episodes. So I can only assume it's the first half of the show...since it's definitely not the entire 25 episodes. Weird time to do it. This is slightly better than Little Witch's situation I guess...
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Buizel wrote:
So Netflix learned nothing from all the outrage surrounding their LWA release. Great.

They have been doing it for years, 7 deadly sins was first.
They will never care unless they lose money.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure it will work out fine for Netflix. This is just how they want to do it. Sucks that they for some reason have decided to only go weekly within Japan and not bother outside of it.

The one thing that Netflix and Amazon are going to accomplish is reviving fansubs. Not everyone is going to want to wait 4 months to get to see a show they are looking forward to that they can watch right now elsewhere.

Although at least Netflix has a good service overall and is worth subscribing to.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone actually genuinely surprised by this? It's exactly in line with what they've been doing with anime over the past couple of years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
brynhild

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Koda89 wrote:
So much for that errata for that article months ago saying Berflix got the show. Laughing

that errata was for aniplex of america. the original article said that AoA licensed the show to stream on netflix, and was later updated after AoA announced they did not license the show.

Kougeru wrote:

Except it's not. They air these anime weekly in Japan. They also air weekly shows in the US (Chelsea). They CAN do it. They CHOOSE not to. They're fools.

Not trying to defend netflix or anything, but their customer service has told me before that it's in their licensing contract that their licensors will not let them do weekly simulcast. Whether it's just PR bullshit or actual truth to it, who knows. But there's always more to just "choosing not to"

EDIT: clarified that what netflix said was what i was told over phone support, and was not a public announcement

Last edited by brynhild on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Videogamep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Is anyone actually genuinely surprised by this? It's exactly in line with what they've been doing with anime over the past couple of years.

Not surprised, just annoyed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4